Golf 2020

There is going to be an issue of how golf courses are maintained whilst they are closed. It can't be classed as essential work but it certainly isn't work that can be done from home. This will be a dilemma facing many businesses and their employees.

My club is adding any weeks they're closed for onto existing memberships when they were due to expire. Very generous of them considering how much revenue they must be losing as a result of this closure, especially during the better weather.
Plus the money lost over the winter. The flooding etc. Can see a few courses going into administration unfortunately.

don’t think thy have much choice to be honest.

Chester le street didn't say anything like that and left a canny snotty statement in their comms around direct debit payments

We have received a couple of queries about the possibility of cancelling Fairway Credit payments. I’m afraid that in fairness to our entire membership, we cannot sanction this.
Please remember that direct debit payments are merely a way of spreading the annual subscription. You remain liable for the full debt.
Most of our members have paid up front in December or January, indeed, some members have paid many years in advance. If you fail to honour the agreement it will be not only be frowned upon by other members, as well as all clubs in the County, but it will lead to an unfavourable credit rating for you.
You should also be aware that your Credit Broker (Premium Credit in this instance) may seek to recover your liability directly from you.
These funds are vital to meet the on-going costs of running the golf club, even more so when other sources of income have been temporarily terminated.
It is now that we need the support of all members.
If you are experiencing hardship due to the current position, please let us know and we will, alongside your Credit Broker, do all we can to try to help.

bit out of order imo

Chester le street didn't say anything like that and left a canny snotty statement in their comms around direct debit payments

bit out of order imo

How you pay should have no impact on a goodwill gesture by the club , to be fair I wouldn’t be renewing next year if I’d received that communication.

Golf clubs run by a committee of members rather than , a committee with good business experience behind them.

Just renewed at Boldon, pay monthly.
They'll be losing a fortune during this and the course still has to be maintained by the one greenkeeper they've kept on so I'm happy to pay if it ensures the club is still there when this is all done.

If my fees were due at a golf club where membership was freely available I wouldn't be paying them. Why would you pay for a service which you can't use?

Ours are paid in Dec for the following year, I've not been out yet with weather and lockdown. I don't mind the outlay as it helps keep the club ticking over while it's got no other income but no doubt there'll be some twisty fuckers wanting refunds

Ours are paid in Dec for the following year, I've not been out yet with weather and lockdown. I don't mind the outlay as it helps keep the club ticking over while it's got no other income but no doubt there'll be some twisty fuckers wanting refunds
It's a great opportunity for some golf clubs to build goodwill. Tiverton GC have issued a statement that they will extend the subs year by the amount of time that they are forced to close, others should follow suit if they have any commercial nous.

It's a great opportunity for some golf clubs to build goodwill. Tiverton GC have issued a statement that they will extend the subs year by the amount of time that they are forced to close, others should follow suit if they have any commercial nous.

Agree completely and I've no doubt ours will offer something once there's some clarification on when they can reopen.

Noticed we ain’t got a thread for the new year.

anyone got any trips booked for this year. Nothing for me this year I’m afraid.

anyone had a round in yet? I’m waiting for March I think. Too wet still for me.
Hope to shade a few strokes from my 20 handicap this year.
My dream trip to the Masters obviously cancelled. Was a golf stay at Hilton Head Island playing Harbour Town Atlantic Dunes Heron Pointe then going to the Masters Wednesday Practice round & Thursday Morning. I was given a ticket in my Christmas box as my brother in law won the Masters Lottery. I have been trying to go to the Masters for over 25 years. Now quarantined at home lost my job & depressed writing this note

My dream trip to the Masters obviously cancelled. Was a golf stay at Hilton Head Island playing Harbour Town Atlantic Dunes Heron Pointe then going to the Masters Wednesday Practice round & Thursday Morning. I was given a ticket in my Christmas box as my brother in law won the Masters Lottery. I have been trying to go to the Masters for over 25 years. Now quarantined at home lost my job & depressed writing this note

That’s a real tough break mate.
Sorry to hear you’ve lost your job.
Try and keep positive if you can.
Hopefully you can get back to work and eventually to Augusta. 🤞

That is a total sickener.

Back