Going Vegan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just remember to tell everyone you meet that you’re vegan, preferably the second ting you tell them, after your name!
Name, ‘I’m a bender’ THEN ‘I’m a weirdo vegan’

Hope the person they’re talking to asks why, cos no vegan can give a reasonable answer

All the vitamin and minerals you can get in fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, pulses, grains etc, if you're eating a good variety of food (vegan or not) you should be able to get everything you need. Likewise, omnivores who eat fuck all apart from meat, potatoes and other 'beige' food are at risk of being deficient.

Leaving aside the moral arguments for being a vegan, it must be absolutely shit and soul destroying.

Not to mention a pain in the arse to people that have to pander to your fussy eating habits.

I would guess not for the people that choose to be, I would think they have made a choice that suits there way of life

Sure I read somewhere that if you go vegan for a long duration you end up having to take loads of different vitamin and mineral tablets everyday.

Got to do that myself and I'm a proper carnivore - everyone needs an assist to keep things going right at some stage - if not now, then later. Get a body MOT something broke and het repairs under way.

It wasn’t intended to be funny. He had a lack of iron in his diet.

Should be safe to work in a magnet factory then:eek:

seriously considering going vegan.

Anyone on here vegan? Will I end up having a bad time?

It’ll mean giving up egg and chips :(
https://veganuary.com/

All the vitamin and minerals you can get in fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, pulses, grains etc, if you're eating a good variety of food (vegan or not) you should be able to get everything you need. Likewise, omnivores who eat fuck all apart from meat, potatoes and other 'beige' food are at risk of being deficient.
Aye. Righto.

Like your average practitioner of carnism has the slightest idea of what nutrients they are ingesting in their meat and two veg in its many forms ?

Pull the other one. It's got buttered parsnips on.

Last edited:
Leaving aside the moral arguments for being a vegan, it must be absolutely shit and soul destroying.

Not to mention a pain in the arse to people that have to pander to your fussy eating habits.

When do you need to pander?

If it was shit and soul destroying people wouldn't be going on vegan diets in rapidly growing numbers. Veganism isn't just eating tofu and lentils these days, there are all sort of products, restaurants etc that are out there.

I'm not a vegan as I can't be arsed to think that much about every aspect of my food. I try to cut out as much diary as I can though, it's a pretty awful industry. It's a piece of piss once you're not conditioned to having meat as the centrepiece of every meal.

I'm not a vegan as I can't be arsed to think that much about every aspect of my food. I try to cut out as much diary as I can though, it's a pretty awful industry. It's a piece of piss once you're not conditioned to having meat as the centrepiece of every meal.

You could use a calendar to sift your tofu beans ....

My vegan ex-colleague recommended that I watch 'Cowspiracy' and it was an eye opener but when I considered alternatives to cow milk I couldn't find anything that was suitable.

Most scientologists are also vegan. No surprises there.
And most mass murdering 20th century Nazi dictators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back