Going Vegan

seriously considering going vegan.

Anyone on here vegan? Will I end up having a bad time?

It’ll mean giving up egg and chips :(

Leave it until after Christmas - My daughter is vegan and it's a problem getting decent scran for her to eat over Christmas. She read up a lot before moving from being a Vegetarian to Vegan. Seems to be OK on it, but food choices are getting better all the time, she tells me. Only you can decide what you want to or not to eat. As long as your choice does not influence me and it won't. happy for you to live on whatever, have you just tried a liquid Guinness Diet

Last edited:
Leave it until after Christmas - My daughter is vegan and it's a problem getting decent scran for her to eat over Christmas. She read up a lot before moving from being a Vegetarian to Vegan. Seems to be OK on it, but food choices are getting better all the time, she tells me. Only you can decide what you want to or not to eat. As long as your choice does not influence me and it won't. happy for you to live on whatever, have you just tried a liquid Guinness Diet
Aye, don’t want to upset/confuse relatives too!

Like fuck you are man.
Serious about it mate

Last edited:
Cant think of anything more bland than seeing my days out chomping on tofu, veg and nuts tbf :neutral:.

Aye, because the endless rotation of chicken, beef, pork, lamb with potato and a few veg isn’t bland :lol:

You’ll often find vegans end up eating a more varied diet because meat isn’t the centrepiece of the dish.

seriously considering going vegan.

Anyone on here vegan? Will I end up having a bad time?

It’ll mean giving up egg and chips :(

I did it for about two months. Easy to give up meat but if you’re anything like me you’ll seriously miss milk, cheese and eggs. I still don’t eat much meat at all.

Last edited:
I'm a vegetarian not vegan (cheese is my main downfall and vegan cheese smells like sweaty socks) but most of my diet is vegan. I've haven't eaten meat for 10 years an haven't missed it once. It is an absolute doddle to give up meat especially will all the meat free options available these days.

My biggest bugbear is palm oil, a product I despise due to the affect that growing oil palms has on the rainforests and orangutans in particular. Palm oil is in loads of stuff. It does my head in that Linda McCartney veggie products state they care for animals then the hypocrites use palm oil. British manufacturers should ditch palm oil and use British rapeseed oil. That would be good for the environment and good for British farmers.

A lad at work was vegan and he always looked pale and once had to go home as he felt dizzy.

I respected his views but he would have benefited from having steak, chips and peas for his dinner.

Back