Going teetotal

Has anyone on here done it? I do love a drink, I used to be a bit of a party animal but it all takes its toll dunnit?
I think at some point I'm gonna knock it on the head.
Think the longest I've done is three months. Felt no benefits except a few extra pennies in the pocket. Again though, that's because at that point I was never drinking loads/getting hangovers (that's not me saying I can sup loads and feel fine, more never going my ends and if I did put a few away it was over an extended period of time).

Zero percenters are decent these too. So if you just fancy the taste, have that as an alternative or throw a few of them in if you're out on a daft one.

Been out for a seafood platter lunch today and had a couple of Stone & Wood pale ales. Beautiful combination. I can go weeks without a drink but I love to have a couple of beers in social situations preferably with food. Went out last weekend just drinking with the lads from work and I honestly can't be arsed with it all now. I'm 53 for context.

Has anyone on here done it? I do love a drink, I used to be a bit of a party animal but it all takes its toll dunnit?
I knocked it on the head completely from November 2022 to October 2023. At first it’s a buzz but it becomes where people stop asking you to go out and so on. Xmas time and all the arranged meet ups and nights out make it unsustainable for our age group.
I’m a changed man through that spell off it though and totally lost the taste for it. I’ll have a couple on a Friday night now or if out with mates and to me that’s the way to go. Before I’d be drinking say 6 pints on a Friday and possibly into double figures on the Saturday. I enjoyed every minute of it aswell, great times.

It’s not sustainable or sensible for ex drinkers to totally pack in, unless they have a problem. Drinking just a couple of on a weekend is enjoyable and no harm done. Once your getting into 5-6 pints then that’s when it gets ya

Last edited:
Did it for 10 years from being 21. Piece of cake once you get used to it .
Only went back to it for other people really , they want you to have a drink , weddings , christening, wetting babies heads , wakes etc and you do feel a bit left out.
I think the thing is as long as you dont make drink a life style its fine, but its hard making that shift without the extended T total phase

Since baby no 2 and health issues I hardly have a drink now and when I do I know my limit. I hate waking up with a hangover the second I open my eyes I instantly regret it when the beer fear used to hit me

Think the longest I've done is three months. Felt no benefits except a few extra pennies in the pocket. Again though, that's because at that point I was never drinking loads/getting hangovers (that's not me saying I can sup loads and feel fine, more never going my ends and if I did put a few away it was over an extended period of time).

Zero percenters are decent these too. So if you just fancy the taste, have that as an alternative or throw a few of them in if you're out on a daft one.
I just can't remember the last weekend that I didn't have a drink that's all. I never drink to excess anymore but I can probably do without it.

Back