Going on holiday/travelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine it’s ok if you are young but if you are 30+ you must look like a bit of a sex tourist
Only to the terminally stupid, I imagine.
I want to see the magnificent Ankor Wat and surrounding temples before I snuffs it. Do you know what a serious piece of engineering they are? They were built around the same time as Durham Cathedral and are every bit a impressive. They were actually designed so that waterways they diverted (yes diverted) around them keep the temple standing. Without the water they would sink. Do you not think that's fantastic? I do. And you think that I shouldn't enjoy this because I'm older than thirty and no one else fancies it/can afford it. What a stupid cunt. We think on very different levels. The way you think is incredibly sad but really, that is your problem and certainly not mine.

Spent two weeks over the new year over there just gone , you have to go to Koh rong island , get the boat from sihanoukville, also Angkor sunrise is a must
I think I'm gonna fly there tbh. Speedboat to PP from Ankor - I might even miss that out - it's only the killing fields stuff I want to see there but I got my share of death, disfigurement and war in HCMC and everyone who's been to PP says it's a bit of a hole.

Actually scrub that - It looks like boat after all, I thought Koh Rong had an airport you could get to from Siem but obviously I was mistaken.

Last edited:

Loads, do/see what I want, when i want. No arse'ing around waiting on anyone, stopping at shitty tourist traps, meeting more people than you probably would if with others. If they are a muppet, just crack on with others, I'm also just as happy sat on my own taking things in, on the piss or eating out.

Thailand, and I think my holiday romance was at least partially female.

This^^. Early '70's I negotiated a price with a taxi driver for a week, cheap as owt then. He took me round all the Bangkok sites, clubs, pubs, and bits of Bangkok that tourisits don't normally see, he knew every fucker !, and kept me outa trouble. He sorted the tarts (brought them, and took them back). Brilliant holiday. His missus cooked a cracking meal for me, on my last night there too.

Only to the terminally stupid, I imagine.
I want to see the magnificent Ankor Wat and surrounding temples before I snuffs it. Do you know what a serious piece of engineering they are? They were built around the same time as Durham Cathedral and are every bit a impressive. They were actually designed so that waterways they diverted (yes diverted) around them keep the temple standing. Without the water they would sink. Do you not think that's fantastic? I do. And you think that I shouldn't enjoy this because I'm older than thirty and no one else fancies it/can afford it. What a stupid cunt. We think on very different levels. The way you think is incredibly sad but really, that is your problem and certainly not mine.

I think I'm gonna fly there tbh. Speedboat to PP from Ankor - I might even miss that out - it's only the killing fields stuff I want to see there but I got my share of death, disfigurement and war in HCMC and everyone who's been to PP says it's a bit of a hole.

Actually scrub that - It looks like boat after all, I thought Koh Rong had an airport you could get to from Siem but obviously I was mistaken.
PP is a 2 day job max

Koh rong; flight rong PP or Siem Reap to s’ville and boat across, usually 20 or 40 dollars return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back