Going back to an old employer

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I can give any young lad out there some solid advice it’s;

never burn your bridges by giving it the big one by saying “I’ll never come back here etc”

Never give it the” I wouldn’t get out of bed for £xxx a day“ crack.
Blokes I’ve heard over the years go on like the above have always been in and out of work regardless of their ability.Attitude is everything imo.
always leave on good terms regardless of how you feel.

I left my old place years back, purely because i got offered a stack more cash. I was happy there. The boss said he understood, and couldn't match it, but years after i asked if anything going, and i'm back there now on way better money as i was then, as the company has moved on well. No complaints from me. My mate who was a better worker than me left under a cloud, tried to get back, and got blanked. Agree with not burning your bridges.

Left my place because my boss was an utter prick and I couldn’t stand working with him any longer, plus the recruitment policy at the time seemed to revolve around employing the most self-centred arseholes possible.

Got a canny offer elsewhere and left on good terms but always felt I had unfinished business. My old boss left and the new bloke knew me so approached me about going back. Was lukewarm at first but spoke to a few old colleagues and they said the arsehole count was lower and things were getting better, so after 14-months away went back.

8-months on and I don’t regret a thing.

Good or a bad thing from experience?
Done it twice, worked fine for me. As Gilly says, don't burn your bridges.

One of the places I went back to then took me on as a contractor after I started working for myself.

90% of business is about relationships with the peope you work with and for. (It also helps if you're half decent at your job and don't, noticeably, take the piss)

All depends on circumstances - right role at the right time for the right money, aye, no problem.

Never burn bridges - when you've had enough, just move on - by the time you might want to go back, most of the people who were total knackers will likely have moved on themselves.

I went back to my old firm nearly a year ago and don't regret it for a minute.

I needed to leave in the first place to develop professionally and personally and I've returned as a fully fledged second in command to the owner with the experience and knowledge to actually do the role justice

If I can give any young lad out there some solid advice it’s;

never burn your bridges by giving it the big one by saying “I’ll never come back here etc”

Never give it the” I wouldn’t get out of bed for £xxx a day“ crack.
Blokes I’ve heard over the years go on like the above have always been in and out of work regardless of their ability.Attitude is everything imo.
always leave on good terms regardless of how you feel.
Wise words marra

Good or a bad thing from experience?
Depends on your reasons for leaving. I used to work for G4S and would go back there in a heartbeat if the conditions were right. I also used to work for Northumbrian Water and I'd rather bite my own cock off than work for those cunts again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back