Going 5 at the back

Invites pressure, I’d rather we brought on a pacy winger (the German) and got them on the break.

It’s Fleetwood not Man Utd.

And we're League One Sunderland not Man City.
May have kept the result but we have looked worse every time we have gone 5 at the back. Today had been coming. But we go again. Have to start hitting the target with our chances

Not true.

To see the game out has worked every game up until today. Wycombe scored a fluke deflection but other than that the opposition have barely threatened. Yet nobody ever seems to give praise.

A silly injury time penalty and the usual suspects will be up in arms.

We're playing well and a point is okay.

Chill out.
A point is ok, when 2 up away to Fleetwood with 10 mins to go, if you want to finish mid table or maybe scrape into the play offs again.

But we don't. We want to finish top 2. A point is far from OK. Its 2 very valuable points lost.

It doesn't detract from a positive start, but let's cut the crap saying that point is OK. Its not.

A point is ok, when 2 up away to Fleetwood with 10 mins to go, if you want to finish mid table or maybe scrape into the play offs again.

But we don't. We want to finish top 2. A point is far from OK. Its 2 very valuable points lost.

It doesn't detract from a positive start, but let's cut the crap saying that point is OK. Its not.

We won't win them all, even when leading late on.

Cut the crap indeed.

To see the game out has worked every game up until today. Wycombe scored a fluke deflection but other than that the opposition have barely threatened. Yet nobody ever seems to give praise.

Chill out.
I posted yesterday, this continuous use of bringing a centre half half on last 15 mins will bite us on the arse..........i got shot down by some on here. Just invites pressure and confusion. We were comfortable...again.

Chill out.
..exactly "we were playing well"..why change it?

Chill out.
No problem with it personally more bothered about bringing Embleton off and basically surrendering the link between midfield and attack.

Fans are always gonna get frustrated after that type of result. It's only natural. I think most realize it isn't the end of the world but it's a tough one in any circumstance.

I still think we are the best in the division but I hate games that kill momentum. Maybe it's good for them to have a game like this so early in the season so they can push through it.

Chill out.

But it has given the opposition the opportunity to score as it invites them on. Personally, I don't think it's the answer. Knowing Johnson he knows the probability (I'm serious here) and teams that defend a lead more often than not take the points. I could be way off here mind.

As a fan, it's not comfortable to watch. We seem to have been done by a fair few late goals in this league.
No of course we won't. But chucking a 2 goal lead away to Fleetwood (an extremely average side) is not ok.

We need to learn from it and look to manage games better.

How are they going to learn from it though mate? We did similar last season, I don't think Johnson had an answer.

Back