Going 5 at the back

Grow up kid

“Kid” how very patronising. You said you’ve enjoyed every game this season. I questioned that you enjoyed drawing from 2-0 with 10 minutes left, and made a tongue in cheek comment. At least I’ll know the next time we throw away a 2 goal lead that samsafc enjoyed it.

Johnson needs to prove he has learned from last season and make the right subs at the right time when things aren't going well.
It's worked well before today, so it's time to see if he's still 'streaky'.

But we have in the other five...

Like I said, it’s worked in the previous games in terms of getting us the 3 points.

However, plenty have commented saying after those games it’s been a risk, and it’ll end up biting us on the arse at some point.

Today was that some point

For me it’s daft to take embleton off every game when he’s got the best ball control at the club. Even if he’s tiring his footwork won’t disappear.

Like I said, it’s worked in the previous games in terms of getting us the 3 points.

However, plenty have commented saying after those games it’s been a risk, and it’ll end up biting us on the arse at some point.

Today was that some point

So why don't people praise it for helping us see out the games that we win?

People are loathe to praise, but can't wait to criticise.
..it's not mate. You could see it happening, how Johnson couldn't is beyond me.

It's not what?

So why don't people praise it for helping us see out the games that we win?

People are loathe to praise, but can't wait to criticise.

It's not what?

Plenty did defend it last week to be fair.

Personally I don’t like it. I think it invites pressure, but if it works then that’s all that matters. It hasn’t today

Plenty did defend it last week to be fair.

Personally I don’t like it. I think it invites pressure, but if it works then that’s all that matters. It hasn’t today

If people are defending it then fine. It's the 'it'll come back to bite us' and then 'told you so' comments which are daft, when they're not giving praise for the times we do actually win.

It's a bit like saying Dan Neill is great but we won't win every game he plays, then coming on to remind us about it when we don't win.

Never seen any of the game but I don't like the hanging on to a lead tactic that's apparent by this thread.
You'd think we'd learn from it but never seem to.

Has worked five times and not worked once. If that ratio keeps repeating itself, he’ll obviously keep doing it.
i don’t think it has worked. We are often dominant in games and end up with mass panic in the box before winning the game. I still think we win these games playing 4 at the back.

I understood Johnson’s reasoning against Wigan as he said team were tired but I don’t understand it now.

Back