RTG Go Sober for October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grow a beard for a month for this charity!

Chuck a bucket of water over your head for this charity!

Quit drinking for a month for this charity!

Cut off your own genitals for this charity!

Piss off! I'll donate to the charities I want to donate to, when I want to, and if I have time I'll even be proactive by my own choice, but I refuse to be bullied or in any way peer-coerced into it for any charity.

Enforced charity isn't charity, it's tax.

Brilliant cause, but it's a bit of a daft campaign IMO. I'll happily donate, but I won't be taking part
MacMillan have a massive budget compared to a similarly worthwhile charity like the Teenage Cancer Trust so please donate to the latter if you can - they have really lost out in the last few weeks as MacMillan have hoovered up the donations from the Ice Bucket Challenges.

Piss off! I'll donate to the charities I want to donate to, when I want to, and if I have time I'll even be proactive by my own choice, but I refuse to be bullied or in any way peer-coerced into it for any charity.

I agree like. I'll donate as and when I want and when and if someone does something which I think that they've made some effort in their charity raising efforts. I don't think throwing a bucket of water over yourself or gan without a drink for a month is really putting yourself out greatly tbh. I looked at the site and they've got a ticket of "sober Heros", you're not a hero if you go without a drink for a month like despite the fact that most within the culture we live would believe that alcohol is vital to their very existence.

Careful now or you'll have a bunch of self righteous tarts flaming you for not playing your part in spreading awareness of debilitating diseases. You bastard!

Why not cut off your hair (your essence, your soul, your very being ... Or something) and donate it to that wig fund for cancer patients? Now that would be an impressive feat of giving!;)

Careful now or you'll have a bunch of self righteous tarts flaming you for not playing your part in spreading awareness of debilitating diseases. You bastard!

Why not cut off your hair (your essence, your soul, your very being ... Or something) and donate it to that wig fund for cancer patients? Now that would be an impressive feat of giving!;)
He doesn't have it anymore iirc

Short back and sides these days like a member of society

I suffer from a currently uncurable condition called Cluster Headache (otherwise known as "suicide headaches" or affectionately to sufferers as "the beast"). I'm thinking of seeing if I can get people on Facebook doing the "insert-a-red-hot-knitting-needle-into-your-own-eyeball-or-amputate-your-own-limb-without-anaesthetic challenge" to raise awareness and funds for it, and so that others can experience the type and levels of pain I have to go through four times a day when I'm "in season" (4 or 5 weeks in a row, every 18 months or so at the moment), in the same way the ice bucket thing replicates the cold numb shaky feelings of ALS.

I wonder if I'll get many takers?

He doesn't have it anymore iirc

Short back and sides these days like a member of society

That was last year. It's long again now.

Nee chance of that man - we'll have the new brewery up and running by then and we want people to be drinking our products ...... boycout this campaign NOW .....

I for one, have had enough of this charity kick. I've lost count of the number of spam phone calls I've answered asking either for money or to increase the amount I already give. You walk down the street to face tin rattlers some of whom overstep the mark if you dont pay up. You are accosted by people asking for direct debits in the name of charity. You open the local paper, these days it's concerned with personal tragedy, sad though that is, it's not public business, and CHARITY who has shaved his head, who has taken some of her clothes off and so on. The whole thing has gone too far, if I gave everytime I was asked I'd be a charity case myself.

Tell me more! :D

Isn't it normally in September? :lol:
The Southwark Brewing Company (owned and operated by Mackem's) close to London Bridge Station, will be opening the doors to the public on Fridays and Saturdays before the end of September. Don't worry we'll make sure that everyone on here knows of the official launch date :lol: If you fancy a drop of London Pale Ale, Bermondsey Best, Harvard's American Pale Ale or Peter's Imperial Russian Stout, then we'll be able to accommodate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back