RTG Go Sober for October

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it doesn't involve facebook and nominations then people won't want to know.

Reactions: BNM

I'm just fed up to the back teeth of having phone calls to asking me increase the amount I give to charity. Tins being rattled under my nose, being asked to have a close shave with death by being drowned in ice and so and so on. I threatened the last caller that I would cancel altogether if they ask again. No I'm not giving to Hendon Dogs Home either, or the local cat shelter, sick of them all.

That isn't the object though, it's yet another gimmick for them to raise money. I'm not saying it's not a worthy cause but enough is enough. If I give anymore, I'll have to turn to charity, and you know what I'll get, sweet f.a.

It can be, it depends on your luck, DNA etc.
I wasn't talking about the initiative, though. I was talking about my "liquid death" post.

Dear Robot

Fuck off and remember, but just for September.

Clatts

Well I did not even last a day, few beers after work after sweating my arse off in a classroom.

For some reason, Sunderland supporters often turn to drink, and many of us might need some encouragement to cut down...

Read all about it....

So "Sober for October" and "Stoptober" gets a link at the top, and yet September being Childhood Cancer Awareness Month is overlooked?
Doesn't seem particularly fair...

But then I would say that as I'm somewhat biased.

Reactions: DJP
I'm going to go for this. Not arsed about raising money and that, I've done more than enough of that this year. I do want to try and get fit though and a month off the sauce will be just the ticket to go along with 5-A-Side twice a week (the only exercise I'm currently doing) plus gym and 4 miles runs every other morning. I'd be interested to see how many pounds I can shift if I really go for it now that I am at my age.

Everyone is at their age marra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back