Go North East to strike

no idea, i'm not a mindreader like you. you did allude much earlier in this thread that you're very much a management sort which makes sense.
I don’t work for any bus company.

You suggested that financial failings are down to management incompetence. I said that’s not entirely true but you went on to say of course it is.

It’s not, because passenger levels (and therefore revenue) has never returned to pre-pandemic levels. Also fuel costs and tyre costs have rocketed (bus companies hedge pricing but only a few months in advance). Also cost of replacing buses for greener variants has been a huge cost.

Public transport companies have been hit with seismic changes to revenues and costs, so it’s reductive and wrong to suggest it’s down to incompetence.

I don’t work for any bus company.

You suggested that financial failings are down to management incompetence. I said that’s not entirely true but you went on to say of course it is.

It’s not, because passenger levels (and therefore revenue) has never returned to pre-pandemic levels. Also fuel costs and tyre costs have rocketed (bus companies hedge pricing but only a few months in advance). Also cost of replacing buses for greener variants has been a huge cost.

Public transport companies have been hit with seismic changes to revenues and costs, so it’s reductive and wrong to suggest it’s down to incompetence.
all the thigs you have listed should've been foreseen by the management.
it's not rocket science to know costs will increase but it appears the management are undoubtedly too busy staring out of their windows playing the fiddle while rome burns. perhaps if they'd been even half decent at their jobs they wouldn't be in such trouble.

all the thigs you have listed should've been foreseen by the management.
it's not rocket science to know costs will increase but it appears the management are undoubtedly too busy staring out of their windows playing the fiddle while rome burns. perhaps if they'd been even half decent at their jobs they wouldn't be in such trouble.
COVID should have been foreseen by the management :lol::lol::lol:

Know a few people already worrying again about Arriva Co Durham striking with this Northumbria news

They were close a few years back I believe

They're assuming the worst if it happens this time and as they work in customer facing retail jobs it'll finish their employment/employer off

I just tell them to shut up as they're not of any importance like
The British public don't really care about public transport.
There's currently a shortage of drivers which isn't been addressed.
Drivers voting to go on strike isn't gonna be a good for recruiting.

The British public don't really care about public transport.
There's currently a shortage of drivers which isn't been addressed.
Drivers voting to go on strike isn't gonna be a good for recruiting.
Is why I was wondering where these new drivers have come from

Would a batch really move to the NE or are they being ferried in temporarily to cover a crisis?

Some are even pleasant. They won't last long round these parts with attitudes like that

Is why I was wondering where these new drivers have come from

Would a batch really move to the NE or are they being ferried in temporarily to cover a crisis?

Some are even pleasant. They won't last long round these parts with attitudes like that
Someone posted a job advert for a driving job on here. Starting wage of £11.46 and hour.
Who's gonna back in their current job to work for that? Especially the number of unsocial hours they'd be expected to do.

Back