Gluten free people - menu ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coeliac disease is not a con.

Some people however think they are Gluten intolerant but really are not.

Correct , I have a couple of friends with it and it's not a case of them getting the shits for an hour or two then being fine - it can put them in hospital

Ok I have some friends staying over Saturday night and the wife can thave

Gluten - not a crumb
Beef
Pork
Shellfish
seefood
Apples
pears
Quince
kiwi
hazelnuts
peanuts
cashews

was thinking of doing thai green chicken but some fish sauce in that so might be out

supplemented with some nice Asian stir fry veg.

Rice as far as I know is fine. can this be confirmed

alternatively then do a lamb rogan josh and a chicken curry. might try bhajis using gluten free flour that I have in anyway

nice onion salad and some dhal or something similar.

any other suggestions
Gluten free option is Travelodge!

I've cut loads of bread out my diet just cos the gluten bloats you.

most the wifes weight loss has been cutting out nearly all bread.

we barely go through a loaf of bread a week between 4 these days and most of that ios the kids for toast.

bit harder for naans,wraps, pasta and noodles mind

Ok I have some friends staying over Saturday night and the wife can thave

Gluten - not a crumb
Beef
Pork
Shellfish
seefood
Apples
pears
Quince
kiwi
hazelnuts
peanuts
cashews

was thinking of doing thai green chicken but some fish sauce in that so might be out

supplemented with some nice Asian stir fry veg.

Rice as far as I know is fine. can this be confirmed

alternatively then do a lamb rogan josh and a chicken curry. might try bhajis using gluten free flour that I have in anyway

nice onion salad and some dhal or something similar.

any other suggestions

Crikey, a Hindu with Coeliac Disease, nut allergy, and an aversion to fruit and seafood? Harsh life for her trying to find food she can eat!

My son has celiac disease and he's type 1 diabetic so we're used to the menu restrictions.

Depends on how accommodating you wish to be. You can buy gluten free soy sauce and tescos sell gluten free Peroni.

Thai curries and Indian curries are easier than Chinese due to wheat based ingredients.

Meat and veg ok of course. Do a cream and peppercorn sauce with it

Last edited by a moderator:
some us are happy to accommodate friends.

if someone was disabled I wouldn't say you cant come in cos I haven't got a ramp. I would find a solution

Sorry mate but if you are visiting friends its their choice - give her ryvita and water

asda has a free from section, in both grocery aisle and in the freezer aisle. The asda free from cornflakes, we actually prefer as they are nice and crunchy.

can buy gluten free pizza bases, so you could make a pizza for her

asda has a free from section, in both grocery aisle and in the freezer aisle. The asda free from cornflakes, we actually prefer as they are nice and crunchy.

can buy gluten free pizza bases, so you could make a pizza for her

Tesco has loads.. I reckon the curry route is best as ideally want something we can all enjoy.

might practice some onion bhajis tonight with gluten free flour

I can buy her a gluten free naan

Coeliac disease is not a con.

Some people however think they are Gluten intolerant but really are not.
if I eat bread, after so long, for every step I take, I fart.

Fart at will, which is not very pleasant for will.

However stop eating bread (possibly 2 slices a day) or eat gluten free bread, relief no farting at will. used to be awkward when I worked in a small office, but I explained the issue to them and they just took the mick when it happened, which was a relief. used to have pretend bets as to how many farts to get to the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back