Glasgow

I’m here til Saturday. One of the greatest city’s on Earth, just wander and you’ll find something that suits. If you like Chinese food and the 1970’s, head for the China Sea, it’s like a time warp in a good way.

if you’re spent up go for a pint in the Counting House (spoons) all human life is here. As for everyone else’s suggestions, I agree completely. I’m here at least once a fortnight (3 nights this week) the people make Glasgow, unbelievably friendly and welcoming. I’m at the Glasgow Freight Club Feast of the Hangover later today, was mint last year, hoping for a good one this time round. Home by Saturday lunchtime

Ashton lane near University has good bars and restaurants.

Also great western street and gibson street up kelvingrove way

Horseshoe bar was full of pissed and drugged up knackers when i was there on a Saturday afternoon in the summer.

Bucks bar does good chicken, burger, chips type food plus beer and cocktails but best to book. Has three branches.

Great whisky bar near the barrowlands.

As others say there is plenty choice though. You could do the subway pub crawl. Popular with students. A pint at the nearest pub on every stop. Am doing that in the summer

Totally agree about The Horeshoe. It definitely divides opinion here though, folk either love it or hate it.

Can also recommend The State Bar. Cracking pub.

The Pot Still, the Laurieston, the state bar, Bon Accord

Loads

Great city
Add the lismore to that list and you've probably got the best 5 pubs in Glasgow.

Food wise theres loads of choice. Chaakoo or Dhakin are my favourites for a curry. Ka Pao for Thai. Paesanos for pizza. Bibis for Mexican

Back