Glasgow

lenwood

Midfield
4 nights in Glasgow with work. Any recommendations for some good pubs places to eat in city centre? Things to do?
There’s no good gigs on any of the nights I’m there unfortunately.

Great pub by the Clyde. Puts on loads of live music. Cant remember the name but its the one the police helicopter crashed into.
Thought It had a strange layout.

The State Bar in Holland Street, just off Sauchiehall Street, is a canny boozer.

Used to alwys go there when I was working in Glasgow.

Ashton lane near University has good bars and restaurants.

Also great western street and gibson street up kelvingrove way

Horseshoe bar was full of pissed and drugged up knackers when i was there on a Saturday afternoon in the summer.

Bucks bar does good chicken, burger, chips type food plus beer and cocktails but best to book. Has three branches.

Great whisky bar near the barrowlands.

As others say there is plenty choice though. You could do the subway pub crawl. Popular with students. A pint at the nearest pub on every stop. Am doing that in the summer

I Second Paesano. Did the Sub crawl there in March. Ended up in a lot of different types of boozers. Started in the centre and don’t remember anything after Ashton Lane, it’s a slog but don’t have to do every stop.

4 nights in Glasgow with work. Any recommendations for some good pubs places to eat in city centre? Things to do?
You sticking to the city centre? Easy to get around to different bits on subway (clockwork orange).

Merchant City, the east of the city centre great for a wander. Get yourself to Babbity Bowsters for some cullen skink.

Gaga on Dumbarton Road (get off at Kelvinhall underground then a 10 min walk down the road) is great, Malaysian food.

How posh do you want to go? Brett on Great Western Road lively but a bit pricey.

Some good bars round that bit of Great Western Road too

Last edited:
Viza Brazil for a Rodizio
Bread Meats Bread for burgers (The Wolf burger is excellent)
Pot Still for Whisky.
The Ben Nevis on Argyle Street another great whisky bar too and there are loads of great bars and restaurants around there too. Not exactly in the city centre (depending where you staying about a 20 min walk.)

Try King Tuts as well even if no gigs on it is a Glasgow institution.

The Ben Nevis on Argyle Street another great whisky bar too and there are loads of great bars and restaurants around there too. Not exactly in the city centre (depending where you staying about a 20 min walk.)

Try King Tuts as well even if no gigs on it is a Glasgow institution.
I do like my whisky so will give that a try when I'm up next month.

Last edited:
Meant to ask is it all just evenings have you any days free. The Necropolis Tour is great if you like that sort of thing. Free but you have to book. Afterwards just stroll down to the old Tenants Brewery. Good food and beer.

God I forget how many great places there are in Glasgow.

Back