Give me a gun and a length of rope now please.... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playmaker in centre mid , centre forward and another centre half and that will make s massive difference . Like to see embleton and diamond involved this season , we still have Dan neill at club ? Get using these lads .
Embleton as your centre mid playmaker (not that I think Parkinson will move away from two number 6's in centre mid), O'Brien is potentially the centre forward. Just a centre back needed! Sorted. ;)

Flanagan is absolutely shocking. If he’s one of our first choice centre backs then we’re in trouble, he reacts to receiving the ball with instant skid marks

why would you need a gun AND a length of rope?

So he can hang himself and at the last minute he finds out that
Club sold to Magabucks billionairs
Pep being appointed the new gaffer
The Premier League in vote us in as we are too big a club to be in div 3

He uses the gun to shoot at the rope to snap it and save his own life

Apart from that I've no bloody idea

Playing devil's advocate (I agree that the team listed in the screenshot isn't exactly screaming out as talented), in the second half of the season what was our form like?

We played 36 games

final 18 games (second half)

9 wins
6 draws
3 losses

2 of the loses and 2 of the draws came in the final 4 games of the 18.

So if we played like we did for the final 18 games for the first 18, then we'd have 18 wins, 12 draws and 6 losses which would have been (54,12,0) 66 points which would have made up second, 1 point behind Coventry.

Obviously could, would, should and form can come and go and football isn't played on paper blah blah blah, but it's not all doom and gloom with the team shown in the screenshot :p

This. Also formation needs to be more 3-5-2 for me. Three in the middle, not 2, and certainly not Power and Dobson again.
I agree with that to an extent, especially since we seem to be committing to the 3 at the back and wing backs in our recruitment. One sitting midfielder, two with a licence to push on. Would offer far more variation offensively than what we have now in my opinion.

But where does it leave Gooch? Do we convert him to a centre forward or a wing back?

Last edited:
I agree with that to an extent, especially since we seem to be committing to the 3 at the back and wing backs in our recruitment. One sitting midfielder, two with a licence to push on. Would offer far more variation offensively than what we have now in my opinion.

But where does it leave Gooch? Do we convert him to a centre forward or a wing back?
Or maybe now that we have two good centre backs at this level we could go 4-3-3? I don't know, seems like we are overloaded with Gooch, Maguire types and not enough attacking midfielders or decent out n out centre forwards.

Or maybe now that we have two good centre backs at this level we could go 4-3-3? I don't know, seems like we are overloaded with Gooch, Maguire types and not enough attacking midfielders or decent out n out centre forwards.
Fullbacks become an issue then in my opinion. The players we're looking at like Garbutt and Mitchell and then the players we have like Hume and O'Nien are all poor in a four. Our recruitment is definitely geared up to that specific formation (which is actually quite admirable in some respects).

According to the same source we have around £880k left to allocate towards wages under a salary cap. Should be able to get three or four half decent players with that and if we have anyone at the club who knows owt about U21's at sub Championship level (we don't though) then these don't count in the salary cap.

What more can we expect with this set of wankers in charge? Soon we will be referred to as a well established Third Division Club. FFS man. It hurts.

Some bullets might be a better idea than a rope

I assumed it would come loaded.
Transfer window closed like?Christ...fanny
🤦‍♂️
According to the same source we have around £880k left to allocate towards wages under a salary cap. Should be able to get three or four half decent players with that and if we have anyone at the club who knows owt about U21's at sub Championship level (we don't though) then these don't count in the salary cap.

PP is signing the players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back