Give me a gun and a length of rope now please.... :-(

Decent side that still needs a few additions both to the starting side and for depth. I'd like to see us replace Burge to push him back into the No2 slot, a centre half to do the same for Flanagan, bring in a left back to cover for Hume, add some creativity in midfield and hopefully keep Embleton fit to push Maguire and Gooch.

I'd also be starting Will Grigg and building the team around him. He's a proven goal scorer at this level and if the way we've been playing hasn't got the goals out of him, maybe it's addressing the service that is the issue, not the lad who had a better than 1 in 3 record in this league before he came here and, at MK Dons and Wigan, scored basically every other game in League One. I don't think Parky will do it because he clearly likes a more physical player to lead the line, but I think the rewards of getting Grigg firing would be much greater than with Wyke.

Never been a fan of 3-5-3, channels are always over exposed and our midfield two always sit too deep isolating the lone centre forward.

I'd prefer 4-4-1-1 - seems like the new lad O'Brien could do well in one of the front two or if we go for Maddison he could sit behind the forward and rotate with Maguire. I think we're deseparate for a really attacking winger and need to shift one of Wyke / Grigg to get an out and out forward. Possibly...

Burge
O'Nien - Willis - Wright - Garbutt
Maguire - Power - Scowen - Gooch
Maddison
O'Brien

or

Burge
O'Nien - Willis - Wright - Garbutt
*new LW* - Power - *new CM* - Gooch
O'Brien
*new CF*

If if you're nowhere, you're somewhere by default . No need for rope and a gun - one or the other could suffice OR we could simply wait for a couple of addition to boost the squad and get behind the team??? Just a thought
Variance mate, if the gun doesn't work the rope might and vice versa.

I get behind the team. I don't get behind PP though. He's a dog turd manager with a brand of football born out of the dark ages.

That team isn't good enough to get automatic. Far too defensive and no effort to rectify our total lack of attacking threat once again. Let's hope that this isn't the sum total of our plan for next season.

To be honest I'm not f***ing bothered anyway. I was pleased when the season was ended and I'm not thinking about going back until something changes for the better. Well done to those who continue to go over but I've had enough personally.
Sadly I'm the same.
Half those players are ok but the other half are so absolutely shite there's no f***ing way I'm going to watch them!
Charlie Wyke for another season? Pointless. Loads of slowcoaches yet again anarl.

Back