Gibson hoping manager and new style of play can turn his Sunderland career around

Status
Not open for further replies.

We don't ask much really, do we? The points you rightly highlight should be the bare minimum of a professional footballer's output but in reality that's often not so. There are many reasons why this might be, money being a chief factor. But you're right, give us this 'bare minimum' & we'll show you how we can roar in response! Get that synergy back again & we'll have the stadium rocking & rolling!

We've not been brought up on a diet of players with incredible ability. When we've had relative success, it's been through graft, togetherness and players maxing out their ability. The biggest cheers you get other than for goals, are when a player sprints the length of the field to make a tackle, crunches into an opponent fairly or by sheer will, gets the better of a technically gifted opponent again and again.

You've also got to be good as well.

Those things I mention are what makes a good player I'd argue.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be a success with the fans here, all you have to do is give everything. That means looking after yourself, being professional, training hard and busting a gut in games. Do that and we forgive almost anything else, will make allowances for mistakes and poor performances and to be honest he and other players do that, they'll win more games than not in this league. If he wants to turn his career round here and get another contract, just be that player who we recognise gives everything and he'll be a success.
Spot on the problem here is the like of him know its a meal ticket as the majority dint even bother going through the motions . Lets hope CC can have a major effect on ridding this carefree attitude they have .

To be a success with the fans here, all you have to do is give everything. That means looking after yourself, being professional, training hard and busting a gut in games. Do that and we forgive almost anything else, will make allowances for mistakes and poor performances and to be honest he and other players do that, they'll win more games than not in this league. If he wants to turn his career round here and get another contract, just be that player who we recognise gives everything and he'll be a success.

Does Vaughan not do all this and get panned? I don't think many give more of an effort than he does when he plays.

Lets reserve judgement till after the New year - we will have more understanding them if he is spouting crap or words of wisdom. He is back on my Christmas Card list as he at least appears to give a feck.

There's one born every minute.

Suckerrrrrrr !!!

You've also got to be good as well.

At the minute I'd settle for "half-decent"

Think he has been our best cm since Coleman has been here.

Better than Cattermole isn't difficult TBF

Renowned for striking the ball well earlier in his career, a few goals from outside the box would help the cause.

WTF?

He's scored 7 league goals in his entire career. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
The sort of player that Coleman has been lumbered with, who nobody else will want to buy, and who he has to try and get a tune out of for the rest of the season, when his contract runs out.

I’d be gutted if we couldn’t do better for that level of wages.

Very good player in his younger days but, a serious knee injury has halted his career and it looks as though he wasn't mentally tough enough to cope and look after himself properly. Probably drunk himself stupid while recovering.

We bought him at the wrong time like so many others barring Defoe.

If Coleman can get him in shape and motivated then he will be an asset.

As for offering him another contract ?

Maybe for another season ( hopefully in the championship) let's see how he goes from now on in and gets and stays fit.

Strange that in the article they mention he was caught questioning other players desire but they forgot to mention he was blind drunk while doing it! Hopefully CC will give him a style of play that suits him but surely no one can deny he's been a pretty dire signing so far, his impact on most games he's played has rarely been positive, can anyone remember owt he's done well, chances made, shots on target even??

Does Vaughan not do all this and get panned? I don't think many give more of an effort than he does when he plays.

Aye. And you're sticking up for him which is pretty much my point. After he's gone,no one will say we hate him. If he came back to the SOL in a couple of years with another team we'd applaud him.

Aye. And you're sticking up for him which is pretty much my point. After he's gone,no one will say we hate him. If he came back to the SOL in a couple of years with another team we'd applaud him.

Aye I'm sticking up for him, but the majority seem to think he's absolute shite.

I still think he'll get goals once his confidence returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back