Ghosts - BBC Series

The bloke that plays Pat was in another sitcom with Jen from the IT crowd that was good. A kind of old fashioned sitcom that everyone can watch. Can't remember what it was called though 😀

If it's "Here we go" we tried watching that but if it was all from the perspective of his kid's camera it made you feel dizzy!

I do like Robin. I think the earliest ghosts that I have ever heard of are the lost Roman Legionaries who are marching about the Lake District but they seem to be a one off. After that most ghosts tend to be from the C16th onwards so the idea of Stone Age ghosts which you never hear of although logically there is no reason why there shouldn't be any really appeals to me.

I watch the NFL on a Sunday on the US feed and its always advertising it. It looks horrific. Why not just show the original, it's not like it's in a different language!

It does happen a little bit in the other direction as well though. At its height Casualty had 20 million plus viewers with its cardboard sets and shonky acting, whereas ER which was the same thing only better and got a fraction of that because it was American and on Channel 4

If it's "Here we go" we tried watching that but if it was all from the perspective of his kid's camera it made you feel dizzy!
Yeah that was it. Loved it and The Detectorists and Meet the Cockfields on Gold. All kind of similar.
It does happen a little bit in the other direction as well though. At its height Casualty had 20 million plus viewers with its cardboard sets and shonky acting, whereas ER which was the same thing only better and got a fraction of that because it was American and on Channel 4
Wasn't a direct remake though was it? Just a similar genre.
What’s it about?
Not sure if this is a whoosh but I'll bite anyway. Its about a young skint couple. She has an accident and either almost dies or does die for a short period (can't remember which). After this she can see and communicate with ghosts. She then inherits a run down country mansion and they move in along with the ghosts that already live there. Try it out, it's excellent.

Last edited:
Can’t believe the comments on here, tried to watch it and it’s one of the most awful attempts at a comedy I’ve seen.

The acting is absolutely minging.

I do like Robin. I think the earliest ghosts that I have ever heard of are the lost Roman Legionaries who are marching about the Lake District but they seem to be a one off. After that most ghosts tend to be from the C16th onwards so the idea of Stone Age ghosts which you never hear of although logically there is no reason why there shouldn't be any really appeals to me.

This explains what ghosts actually are, along with some of the worst acting ever seen
!

I think Pat may be my favourite. To be honest, there's not a bad one in the bunch.

Mary moving on was a total curveball I didn't see coming. The end of that episode did me in. Brilliant.
That's a spoiler for series 4 man! It's a curveball I did see coming thanks to this post. ;)

This explains what ghosts actually are, along with some of the worst acting ever seen
!

That was the BBC's Christmas Ghost story in 1972. I much prefer M R James' ghost stories that the Beeb usually adapts for Xmas. If you haven't read them his collected short stories are worth a read -proper scary they are.

Can’t believe the comments on here, tried to watch it and it’s one of the most awful attempts at a comedy I’ve seen.

The acting is absolutely minging.
The type of characters are ideal for kids telly like horrible histories but for adult telly -no
It’s like footlights zany humour for the 2020s

The type of characters are ideal for kids telly like horrible histories but for adult telly -no
It’s like footlights zany humour for the 2020s

That’s what it felt like to me, something that should be on at 4pm.

I felt like it wanted me to think the bloke eating potpourri was hiliarious. Also, a headless ghost who has a mix-up with it’s body? It’s like something out of Scooby Doo

The first 2 series was very good with some proper lol moments.

3 & 4 have been nowhere near as good, series 4 being very disapointing generally. :(

Bumping this now last episode has aired (can't see another thread elsewhere). Brilliant ending for the series, glad it went out on its own terms as I felt it was beginning to Peter out

Back