Ghosts - BBC Series

Keawyeds

Striker
Just finished watching the latest series of Ghosts on iplayer last night. We tried to watch one a week, but failed miserably.
Another brilliant series in my book. I hope there's a Christmas special and another series but we'll have to see.
I wouldn't want it to be like an American sitcom and have 24 episodes a series as I think less is more.

Someone must have been chopping onions or wafting dust at me while I was watching one episode though. I suspect you can guess which if you've seen it.

All in all though, I think it's one of the best things on TV at the moment.

Just finished watching the latest series of Ghosts on iplayer last night. We tried to watch one a week, but failed miserably.
Another brilliant series in my book. I hope there's a Christmas special and another series but we'll have to see.
I wouldn't want it to be like an American sitcom and have 24 episodes a series as I think less is more.

Someone must have been chopping onions or wafting dust at me while I was watching one episode though. I suspect you can guess which if you've seen it.

All in all though, I think it's one of the best things on TV at the moment.

It's brilliant.

The American version is absolutely dreadful like, steer clear.

I was tempted to see what it was like but I can guarantee already it won't have the warmth and charm that the British one does

I haven't seen the US version but I hear it's terrible. Very few American remakes are successful. The Office is the one notable exception but that only took off when they went in their own direction and weren't copying the original scripts.

I was tempted to see what it was like but I can guarantee already it won't have the warmth and charm that the British one does
its won a few awards & went down well last year, read that it had the highest viewing figures of the fall season comedy's too... for me part of the attraction of the bbc version is the cast though, having watched them horrible histories et al...
Best BBC comedy in recent years. Charlotte Ritchie is lovely.
i concur... #wad

They're all good, like the politician with no pants on and Katy Wix as Mary, but Robin the caveman is especially inspired

I think Pat may be my favourite. To be honest, there's not a bad one in the bunch.

Mary moving on was a total curveball I didn't see coming. The end of that episode did me in. Brilliant.

It's brilliant.

The American version is absolutely dreadful like, steer clear.
I watch the NFL on a Sunday on the US feed and its always advertising it. It looks horrific. Why not just show the original, it's not like it's in a different language!

I watch the NFL on a Sunday on the US feed and its always advertising it. It looks horrific. Why not just show the original, it's not like it's in a different language!

I've mentioned this before and yet I still find it mental.
David Cameron tried to convince Tina Fey to get British comedy producers to make our TV series 24 episodes long rather than 6.
To this day it makes no sense to me.

I think Pat may be my favourite. To be honest, there's not a bad one in the bunch.
The bloke that plays Pat was in another sitcom with Jen from the IT crowd that was good. A kind of old fashioned sitcom that everyone can watch. Can't remember what it was called though 😀

Watched it all in two sittings. Love it as it has a great warmth about it but isn’t entirely bland. A rare example of something me, my wife and thirteen year old all like.

Back