Getting decking home

Status
Not open for further replies.
These places tend to cut sheets of wood down to preferred sizes so don’t see why they couldn’t cut them to length for you.

Ended up chopping it up in the car park this morning, took no time at all. Decking now down and I'm sat on it having a beer in the sun! Cheers!
A bit late now but did you ask if they’d cut it?

Not sure about Wickes but B&Q and Homebase both will cut it in store for you.

“I went into B&Q and a guy asked if I wanted decking. I got a punch in first to protect myself but other customers should be careful.”

Copyright Viz.

“I went into B&Q and a guy asked if I wanted decking. I got a punch in first to protect myself but other customers should be careful.”

Copyright Viz.
Copyright: further up the thread. :cry:
No, when I went in there was a bloke in the car park cutting his own wood, so I thought sod it I'll do that too.
It always makes you braver when some other radge packet is doing it first.

I need 20 strips of decking, 170cm long. Wickes have some "premium" decking, 360cm long, buy one get one free, which, looking round will be my cheapest option (£13 each, I'll only need 10 boards and only pay for 5, £65 total). The problem is getting 3.6m boards home.

Do Wickes cut them? Could we have them sticking out the back of the car with the boot up (never done that before)?

If all else fails I suppose I could take my saw and cut them in the car park.
Can your husband not sort it out

Went with my da and our boy to buy some plasterboard a few year ago. It only just fit in the back of the car with the seats down so our boy had a nice walk home :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back