Getting an engagement ring

Tbf that's stupid on the lasses part there was a segment on GMTV once that showed lads with wedding rings were more likely to be chatted up / pursued by some n when not with their other half as they were seen as "decent, stable not jack the lads" etc as bonkers as that a sounds

There's some truth in that tbf. Some say it's because women see a married man as someone who is stable/committed and that's what they look for (not committed enough to not stray though?). I'd say it suggests women are devious and a bit mental.

I proposed using a cheap Lizzy Duke one, cost me about £12.

If she had said no based on a crap ring then it says more about her than it does me. Luckily she said yes and then a week later we went and picked a proper one together.

Me and our lass got engaged a few weeks back, just bought one online. She had been dropping not so subtle hints for a while, and showed me the type she liked. I didn't get one like the ones she was showing me. Was similar in some ways but picked one i liked and that i could afford. Interest free credit over 12 months, so worked canny, was around £700 and she loved it. She was impressed that I picked it myself and went away from what she wanted. It fit perfectly too :cool:

She ended up finding the ring after I bought it, then the night I was going to ask, I bottled it until we got back to the hotel. After she said she could see the box in my pocket all night, so was expecting it :lol:

Planning to propose on holiday in Italy in a couple of weeks time.

Bought the ring from 77Diamonds and the service was absolutely spot on - they even suggested a different (slightly cheaper) diamond on the basis of it being better quality but a fraction smaller.

Little bit concerned about carting the ring about with me and either losing it or having some security twat pull it out of me hand luggage in Ponteland airport but it's a risk I'll have to take.

Back