Getting an engagement ring

Getting the right size is the hardest part surely if planning on doing it without her knowledge and therefore asking her directly what size to buy.
I got within 1 size n she didn't have a clue. Coulda probably gotten away with the difference but she went for the next one down I think.

I ordered a mock up silver and cubic zirconia off weddingrings-direct.com (cost buttons) to propose with. Then ordered the real deal with the stone of my choice off Blue Nile.

Hatton garden, they always do good deals as there's so much competition, my mate got £3000 discount off his wife's engagement ring for cash so it shows how much the mark up must be.

When did it become acceptable for blokes to wear wedding rings .?

When I was a bairn normal working class(I’m on about proper working class manual workers) never wore wedding rings .Im repeating myself like but it looks absolutely stupid a wedding ring on a bloke .

37 year ago for me , must be a trend setter for the first time in my life then.

It started when real men died!

Seriously, surely that was more about not ripping your finger off doing the proper dangerous manual labour back in those days rather than anything else. With proper machinery etc these days it’s less of an issue even for manual workers.

Also, the woman wearing the ring and the man not harks back to the days when men “owned” their woman. Marriage is an equal partnership these days, as it should be.
I think all your points inc the last one are correct .I don’t think it personally looks right on Blokes having a ring on in any capacity inc a wedding ring .

I’ve just asked our lasses opinion on the subject and her answer was “they don’t look so bad on weedy pen pusher types of men but on a bloke like you it would look daft “

I think all your points inc the last one are correct .I don’t think it personally looks right on Blokes having a ring on in any capacity inc a wedding ring .

I’ve just asked our lasses opinion on the subject and her answer was “they don’t look so bad on weedy pen pusher types of men but on a bloke like you it would look daft “

Ha ha of course she did , you’ve got a vivid imagination.

It's been proven that only good looking blokes wear wedding rings. It's because the wife is scared another lass will go for them. The clips don't have this problem, and their lass wouldn't mind if they ended up heaving their arse up and down on someone else anyway as at least it'd save them from putting up with three mins of hell.

Last edited:
37 year ago for me , must be a trend setter for the first time in my life then.
I can remember one of my mates dads when young having one on but he was a skinny puffy types of bloke that worked in the civic centre .
Ha ha of course she did , you’ve got a vivid imagination.
Hand on heart mate,I don’t tell lies on here for bites .

I do post my views knowing I’ll get a reaction though as the general poster on here is often the puffy type of bloke our lass was on about .

Last edited:
I can remember one of my mates dads when young having one on but he was a skinny puffy types of bloke that worked in the civic centre .

Hand on heart mate,I don’t tell lies on here for bites .

I do post my views knowing I’ll get a reaction though as the general poster on here is often the puffy type of bloke our lass was on about .

She didn’t think I was a puffy type from the civic centre when I was rattling her from behind last Wednesday when you were out doing manual labour without a wedding ring on.

Do people still get engaged ?
Always thought it a bit pointless. Me and the wife just got hitched and that was done without fuss.

Our wedding rings were inexpensive silver things that we still have

I was at one last week, it’s a good way to get families together I suppose.
Mostly funerals these days for me.

Don’t get engaged, or married. You don’t need a wife or husband or partner, there are enough Sports Channels and food delivery apps to fulfil any single person’s life, and they won’t take everything you own when you want to try something different either ;)

When I was a bairn normal working class(I’m on about proper working class manual workers) never wore wedding rings .Im repeating myself like but it looks absolutely stupid a wedding ring on a bloke .

I've had 3 wedding rings and lost the lot in our 1st year. Litetally no point in me having ons but our lass still moans at me for no wearing one.

Catholics tend to wear them but in manual jobs it can be dangerous

Back