Germany

Base yourself Stuttgart
Dull city that. Beer is crap as well. Well connected though.
Germany is a great country, always loved going there. There is a chocolate museum in Colonge, I'm sure the little man would like that.
The German Sports and Olympics museum next to that is great. Plenty of interactive things in it as well like table tennis, place to kick a football on the roof of it, table football, sit in a bobsled etc. Good value for money.

Really good city for drinking as well, not that it'll be on your radar if you've got the bairn.

Always enjoyed working in Germany.
Early 80's in the shipyards in the old West Germany in Bremerhaven, Hamburg and Rendsburg.
Went back for an engineering job in Stuttgart after the re-unification. It was OK - the schwabisch people down in the South are a tad different (not as welcoming to foreign workers) from those up in the North.

Always enjoyed working in Germany.
Early 80's in the shipyards in the old West Germany in Bremerhaven, Hamburg and Rendsburg.
Went back for an engineering job in Stuttgart after the re-unification. It was OK - the schwabisch people down in the South are a tad different (not as welcoming to foreign workers) from those up in the North.

Even as late as the early 90’s I was amazed that on the shop floor the vending machines had beer in them.
The Canteen you could buy a beer 🤣🍺

Even as late as the early 90’s I was amazed that on the shop floor the vending machines had beer in them.
The Canteen you could buy a beer 🤣🍺
Loved it.
Beer before work started at 07:00, 9 O'clock break with more beer, dinnertime beers and schnapps, then after-work beers before showering up at work.
Go to work dressed and come home dressed and slightly pissed.
Happy days - earning good money to boot.

im taking my youngin 7 to germany for the Euros just me and him like thinking of basing ourselves in and around either Cologne or Dusseldorf..

any recommendation's for places to visit other than hitlers bunker gonna try and fit some suff in between the feat of football
You may find this worth investigating.

im taking my youngin 7 to germany for the Euros just me and him like thinking of basing ourselves in and around either Cologne or Dusseldorf..

any recommendation's for places to visit other than hitlers bunker gonna try and fit some suff in between the feat of football

Aachen isn't a million miles away and is a pleasant enough city for a change of scene

Don’t be stupid. At least we can get shit done over here. If you’ve worked with Germans you’ll know that bureaucracy is stifling.

German Workers Council are a fooking nightmare
Cologne’s lovely.

If you do go to Berlin for the bunker, try the Little Big City museum.

I have found one in Cologne for £200 for 7 nights im thinking am i gonna get murdered here or what

Last edited:

Back