Germany

anitdontmajanow

Central Defender
im taking my youngin 7 to germany for the Euros just me and him like thinking of basing ourselves in and around either Cologne or Dusseldorf..

any recommendation's for places to visit other than hitlers bunker gonna try and fit some suff in between the feat of football

im taking my youngin 7 to germany for the Euros just me and him like thinking of basing ourselves in and around either Cologne or Dusseldorf..

any recommendation's for places to visit other than hitlers bunker gonna try and fit some suff in between the feat of football
Me and Mrs Stallion went to Hamburg last year which was a brilliant place. Didn’t manage to get a game in unfortunately as our flight landed only an hour before HSV were kicking off at home.

Germany is mint and I’d love to live there one day.

Einen pint bier bitte!

Loads of cities in that area only a short train ride away. Phantasialand theme park close by too if that’s more up your street (or more likely your son’s)

if your basing yourself in cologne/Dusseldorf and you stumble across hitlers bunker i would suggest you have taken a wrong turn somewhere along the line :lol:

*also the bunker is just a car park with a small sign and would possibly be the worst recommendation ever
I actually found the site quite interesting. The fact that the Soviets went to such lengths to eradicate any remnant of Hitler from the place and made it a nondescript place was fascinating.

I agree there is absolutely nothing remarkable about the spot now. (Which is the remarkable thing!)

I actually found the site quite interesting. The fact that the Soviets went to such lengths to eradicate any remnant of Hitler from the place and made it a nondescript place was fascinating.

I agree there is absolutely nothing remarkable about the spot now. (Which is the remarkable thing!)
I think it’s beautifully ironic that there’s a Bubble Tea shop run by a family of Asian heritage pretty much directly above the room he killed himself in.

Germany is a great country, always loved going there. There is a chocolate museum in Colonge, I'm sure the little man would like that.

if your basing yourself in cologne/Dusseldorf and you stumble across hitlers bunker i would suggest you have taken a wrong turn somewhere along the line :lol:
pretty sure there's a secret nato bunker in the rhine area somewhere you can visit, its a secret bunker though so i'm not entirely sure where it is other than it was for when the red army were expected to march through the fulda gap...
Get the train to Wuppertal and ride the suspended monorail.
exactly what sunderland needs...

Cologne Cathedral is amazing. It's nice walking along the riverside among the coloured houses too. Definitely have a kolsch or two. I enjoyed that.

Drachenfels is a short train ride away if he likes castles. I loved it! Get the train to Konigswinter, which was really pretty to wander around as well. There's a cog railway takes you up to the castle.

Me and Mrs Stallion went to Hamburg last year which was a brilliant place. Didn’t manage to get a game in unfortunately as our flight landed only an hour before HSV were kicking off at home.

Germany is mint and I’d love to live there one day.

Einen pint bier bitte!

Used to work in Germany years back and loved it.
This Country has a third world feeling compared to Germany.

Grosse bier bitte.

They don't know pints. 👍
Es tut mir leid :lol:
Used to work in Germany years back and loved it.
This Country has a third world feeling compared to Germany.
Very true, but there are some places you’d absolutely avoid. Out of Hamburg central station if you take a wrong turn you are in amongst a load of seemingly Eastern Europeans off their tits!!

Last edited:

Back