German Kevins

I’m a bit of a sad sod and looked at the line ups of the weekend’s Bundesliga fixtures and found some thing a bit weird.

Every match a part from one had at least one player with the name Kevin in one of the squads. That’s 7 out of 8 matches. Didn’t realise Kevin was that popular a name in Germany.
What odds did you get?

I’m a bit of a sad sod and looked at the line ups of the weekend’s Bundesliga fixtures and found some thing a bit weird.

Every match a part from one had at least one player with the name Kevin in one of the squads. That’s 7 out of 8 matches. Didn’t realise Kevin was that popular a name in Germany.
Have you ever considered joining the Dull men’s club on Facebook?

Was a popular name in the DDR as it was seen as being a very western/American name.

Cheers Kev.
Get back to you on that one.

You can blame Dances With Wolves for that.

After it came out, Kevin became the most popular boys name in quite a few European countries and for quite a few years in certain areas.

Always been Popular, I remember Adolf Kevin Hitler and Karl Kevin Marx.

Back