George Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theres ones on that list i know he co wrote. Co writing can mean just suggesting a few words here & there. Angels is on the list, wasnt that stolen from A tramp or summit?

Ah aye no doubt he has a writing credit rather than solely writing them but our lass likes him so I've heard most of his stuff more than I'd like, and some of it is clearly self referntial or referring to him and his kids or family etc. His earlier work especially was written for him with the odd credit thrown in.
But to be fair, I can't imagine that 25 years in the game you're not gonna be coming up with your own stuff as well at some point.
Just to be clear, I'm not a fan but just giving some balance

Ah aye no doubt he has a writing credit rather than solely writing them but our lass likes him so I've heard most of his stuff more than I'd like, and some of it is clearly self referntial or referring to him and his kids or family etc. His earlier work especially was written for him with the odd credit thrown in.
But to be fair, I can't imagine that 25 years in the game you're not gonna be coming up with your own stuff as well at some point.
Just to be clear, I'm not a fan but just giving some balance

True, and his career went downhill after he split with guy chambers

Robbie Williams not in the same league as George btw

Dunno like. I reckon Williams is bigger than Michael ever was in terms of sales or tickets sold. Based on that I've never seen George michael do a stadium tour or 3 nights at knebworth or slaine castle. I'm not sure of the figures and not arsed to look them up, but I'd be happy to be wrong as i divn't like RW

Really? Look at the artists they both worked with. Michaels spans different genres as well, dance, rock with queen, soul. Fair enough like cant be arsed to research stuff either mate. :)

Missed it the other night as well and am tuned in tonight, too. Been fab. I believe he just gave us a lil' wave. :cool:

Fair do's I was like, always thought he was class, good on stage as well. Regret not seeing him live. Didnt expect him to pop his cloggs so early.

I went to see him when he played Aarhus a few years back. Before going in I was outside the ground smoking a wee joint and was approached by a policeman who asked me to put it out. At a George Michael gig of all places. :rolleyes:

Very good singer songwriter is george Michael
His solo albums are top class

There some good footage of him on a panel with Morrisey , extolling the virtues of closer by joy division

Dunno like. I reckon Williams is bigger than Michael ever was in terms of sales or tickets sold. Based on that I've never seen George michael do a stadium tour or 3 nights at knebworth or slaine castle. I'm not sure of the figures and not arsed to look them up, but I'd be happy to be wrong as i divn't like RW
George Michael was a bigger name worldwide than Mr Williams....masturbating in front of a policeman may have helped this mind.

You do realise that recording companies pay more to writers to have artists name also placed on credits of songs for writing? For most of those songs you will also find guy chambers name. The songwriter and producer robbie williams worked with throughout all of his successful years. Never liked his stuff anyway but when chambers left him his music was as dull as dishwater.
Groups such as little mix are on the credits for writing their songs. You really think they write their music?

George michael never toured as much in recent years due to his issues he was having no doubt. Michaels private life and his drug addiction ruined his public profile but class lasts forever. He was and is in a different league than robbie williams.

Last edited:
Class documentary on George Michael monday night.

I commented to our lass how staggering it was how much hed acheived by 27. We agreed like, different era altogether where folk matured far earlier, most 27 year olds now live with their ma, go to the gym every day n play games/watch ufc with their mates on a satda night.

f***ing Robbie Williams

Thought that then googled his sales, jesus christ, pleased his first album of his I have is a snide!:lol:

Class documentary on George Michael monday night.

I commented to our lass how staggering it was how much hed acheived by 27. We agreed like, different era altogether where folk matured far earlier, most 27 year olds now live with their ma, go to the gym every day n play games/watch ufc with their mates on a satda night.
f***ing nail on head .

I admire singer/song writers, unlike Robbie Williams who has them written for him.
Put Elvis ,Sinatra, Warwick, Ross, etc etc in that second category

Ironic that Georges early image was the lads we have now ,groomed and shaved to perfection but vacuous.
Plenty young people doing their thing but the people I mention above and their lovely (cough) girlfriends own the social media world we eye the world through

Last edited:
I wasn't a fan of George Michael before his death, and I'm not a hypocrite to start lauding him as a genius now he has passed away, but, for what he done you have to sort of say, aye he achieved a lot, clearly massively influential in pop music. Wham! songs and George Michael songs are part of the British musical DNA.
That is good of you mate. Ethics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back