George Honeyman: Revisited.

woodlebert

Striker
Baffles me still why he gets so much abuse on here.

He is a tidy player, finds a Sunderland player with most of his passes, wriggles his way out of trouble and is quick to turn in the middle of park. He can beat a player (this has dried up as the season has progressed but we know it is there) and he gives his all and is always showing in the middle of the park.

No idea why he seems to be so hated on here, he's a decent player at this level and is definitely good enough for the bench when all are fit.

His first few games he was a canny player but I think once defenders, full backs have sussed him out he seems to be frightened to go forward.

He’s a bit lightweight in this league.

Honeyman optimises why it's so frustrating watching Sunderland. He tries hard and doesn't hide I'll give him that but some of his passing and control are so poor it's infuriating.

Started off canny early on when he was given chances in pre season I think it was but hasn't kept up with performances really.

Baffles me still why he gets so much abuse on here.

He is a tidy player, finds a Sunderland player with most of his passes, wriggles his way out of trouble and is quick to turn in the middle of park. He can beat a player (this has dried up as the season has progressed but we know it is there) and he gives his all and is always showing in the middle of the park.

No idea why he seems to be so hated on here, he's a decent player at this level and is definitely good enough for the bench when all are fit.
I don't hate him I just think he's shite and simply not good enough.

He was turgid tonight and his passing is abysmal

He's very lucky to be playing at Sunderland, even at this level. Got in the team last season when we were desperate, did just about OK, and got a new contract based on how short we were going into the season, both in the numbers and quality. And at 23, he's not even that young. As for 'hating' him, I've honestly got nothing against the lad. He tries his best, and seems like a good professional (more than can be said for some of our players), so that would be daft. I just don't think he's good enough, unfortunately.

Back