George Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can only think that people who don't rate him haven't played at much of a level. They would probably prefer the headless chicken approach
Rubbish. Hate this argument that because you’ve played a couple games in the Wearside league anyone who hasn’t mustn’t have a clue about football.

He’s composed on the ball certainly but he absolutely kills momentum dead. Too ponderous in possession and only ever goes back or sideways. If you’re going to move the ball side and back you’ve got to do it quickly, keep playing at a high tempo and move the ball quickly to players who have better angles for the forward pass. By the time he’s passed the ball he’s taken so many touches the opposition are already back behind the ball.

McGeouch is too good for L1, I would say he could be a top end Championship player. Unfortunately we've never really seen him prove it over a sustained period of time as when he's getting up to speed and starting to show signs of quality.... He goes and gets himself injured. Which is probably the reason why he's at Sunderland in L1
No chance. I'm sorry but hes barely a L1 player never mind top end championship

Honey man really does hamstring us. He offers nowt in terms of ability but was naively named captain because he’s a young local lad and is now seemingly unstoppable.

With him in the team I can’t see where we go with the midfield.

Rubbish. Hate this argument that because you’ve played a couple games in the Wearside league anyone who hasn’t mustn’t have a clue about football.

He’s composed on the ball certainly but he absolutely kills momentum dead. Too ponderous in possession and only ever goes back or sideways. If you’re going to move the ball side and back you’ve got to do it quickly, keep playing at a high tempo and move the ball quickly to players who have better angles for the forward pass. By the time he’s passed the ball he’s taken so many touches the opposition are already back behind the ball.
Sorry like but IMO that's rubbish. One of his main attributes is moving the ball quickly. He rarely holds on to it too long, and if he does its to make sure it's definitely going to a Sunderland shirt. As I stress, it's just my opinion.

I can only think that people who don't rate him haven't played at much of a level. They would probably prefer the headless chicken approach
What a load of shit. I played at a good standard and I can see hes shite.

The standard you played at means nowt by the way.

Sorry like but IMO that's rubbish. One of his main attributes is moving the ball quickly. He rarely holds on to it too long, and if he does its to make sure it's definitely going to a Sunderland shirt. As I stress, it's just my opinion.
You've been watching a different McGeouch then. Hes very limited

Last edited:
The games I’ve seen him he’s frustrated the life out of me in that regard but that’s just home games. He was allegedly better in some of our aways and I didn’t see those.

What a load of shit. I played at a good standard and I can see hes shite.

The standard you played at means nowt by the way.

You've been watching a different McGeouch then. Hes very limited
We both have a differing opinions on mcgeough as we well know. That's fair dos.

Yep, pretty much how I see it too. The problem here is you can only really afford one central MF like this and last season we had 3. This season I hope plays either McGeough or Leadbitter and not both. I also hope the MF around whichever one of the plays is mobile and front footed. That would make either look much better than last season.

Yep, pretty much how I see it too. The problem here is you can only really afford one central MF like this and last season we had 3. This season I hope plays either McGeough or Leadbitter and not both. I also hope the MF around whichever one of the plays is mobile and front footed. That would make either look much better than last season.
Leadbitter all day long. Much better player

The comments about McGeough are a classic “the less he plays, the better he becomes”...
if we sold him he wouldn’t be missed, he really hasn’t made a positive contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back