Geoff Cook Moving On

Hope Marcus North gets the opportunity. In my dealings with him he has been superb. Very professional in his approach. Loads of experience within the professional game.
People (or person) blabbering on about playing games at South North. He’s developed the club in his role there to be able to host these matches. Take what’s happened as a positive instead of being so negative all the time.
Of course the £££ helps. It's a no from me. Not really sure the post is needed

Hope Marcus North gets the opportunity. In my dealings with him he has been superb. Very professional in his approach. Loads of experience within the professional game.
People (or person) blabbering on about playing games at South North. He’s developed the club in his role there to be able to host these matches. Take what’s happened as a positive instead of being so negative all the time.
but but but......the county boundaries and all that bollox

Yes, let's just ignore the fact that our new batting coach was a walking wicket in the season he played at the Riverside.

Cook a Fabulous servent to the club but since the purge of 2012 he as been the biggest casualty since his return. Let's be honest he had not really had a definitive role at the club. Probably why he had taken up roles with Northumberland and local clubs during that time. If North does come in it will be in a far more administration role than Cook.

Can you imagine Lancashire playing a home match in Yorkshire, or Yorkshire a home match in Durham? So why should Durham play a home match in Northumberland? It’s just not Durham.The point is that the cricket counties do follow the traditional county boundaries and those counties reflect correct local loyalties.

Imagine if Northumberland had become a first class county. Do you think that they would consider for one second playing any kind of a home match in County Durham? Say at Stockton or Ashbrooke. Not on your nelly. Durham is Durham. Let’s keep it that way.

Can you imagine Lancashire playing a home match in Yorkshire, or Yorkshire a home match in Durham? So why should Durham play a home match in Northumberland? It’s just not Durham.The point is that the cricket counties do follow the traditional county boundaries and those counties reflect correct local loyalties.

Imagine if Northumberland had become a first class county. Do you think that they would consider for one second playing any kind of a home match in County Durham? Say at Stockton or Ashbrooke. Not on your nelly. Durham is Durham. Let’s keep it that way.

The corporate £ is in Newcastle and for the likes of me it's far easier to get to (metro) and a tight knit atmosphere in the ground.

For one day's cricket out of 40-ish I don't see the issue.

If we play anymore games at South North I'm asking for a rebate on my membership.
Only a matter of time before we take a 4 day game to Gosforth.

how much money does it make? Net profit i mean
Genuinely no idea but as mentioned the prawn sandwich ££ is in Newcastle and it's always full when at Gosforth so it's clear it's a good money earner. If North gets the role then i fully expect to see 4 day cricket at Gosforth on the fixture card

Last edited:
Only a matter of time before we take a 4 day game to Gosforth.

Genuinely no idea but as mentioned the prawn sandwich ££ is in Newcastle and it's always full when at Gosforth so it's clear it's a good money earner. If North gets the role then i fully expect to see 4 day cricket at Gosforth on the fixture card
Mind the business and commerce sector of our home county do nothing to support the county cricket club.evrn the traditional local daily newspaper see them as do unimportant they don't even report on most matches.

Back