Genuinely one of the most sad/depressing things I’ve heard in years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t, but that’s the beauty of football and life in general. We all have our own opinions and we can debate them.

If I want someone’s opinion though, I’ll come on an forum or somewhere like twitter or Facebook. I don’t expect a fanzine to push their own agenda or pass their opinion off as fact.

Again, that’s my opinion. Doesn’t make me right or wrong.
Eh? I always thought that was the point of a fanzine.

He's been excellent. Just seems to be a good lad who wants to play football and get stuck in which is exactly what is needed down at Hartlepool. Started at right back on Saturday with 10 minutes notice.

I thought it was him like. On the team sheet (well the blackboard/chalk), he was down as a substitute. I thought he handled himself well at full back and certainly didn't look overawed by the occasion.

It is mind long may it Continue, their podcast is spot on as well
@Cack Stottie this weeks was very good.

This.

I always enjoy their Podcasts and the content is good on their site/twitter feed. I dont get the hate for a group of supporters who are supplying free content to the fans.

If you dont like it, dont read it.

You’ve literally just made that up. No such thing has ever been said on RR.
Not like @johnson to make anything up now.

Last edited:
I thought it was him like. On the team sheet (well the blackboard/chalk), he was down as a substitute. I thought he handled himself well at full back and certainly didn't look overawed by the occasion.

This.

I always enjoy their Podcasts and the content is good on their site/twitter feed. I dont get the hate for a group of supporters who are supplying free content to the fans.

If you dont like it, dont read it.

Couldn't agree more, plenty of other things to read on the internet. After all.

Makes no sense if we’re refusing to send young players out on loan. What’s the point in having them if we’re not going to use them either?

Of the players we’ve made money on or got use out of in the first team they’ve mainly went on loan when the opportunity arose - Colback, Waghorn, Henderson, Pickford, Gooch, Brown. That’s off the top of my head.

So it comes down to either:

1) Majority aren’t good enough so even clubs way down the ladder don’t want to give them minutes so we have to look at coaching, scouting, to make sure we’re producing those who are good enough

Or

2) We’re being petty over wages being paid by whom or loan fees or whatever and cutting our nose off to spite our face.

I really hope it’s not the latter

Makes no sense if we’re refusing to send young players out on loan. What’s the point in having them if we’re not going to use them either?

Of the players we’ve made money on or got use out of in the first team they’ve mainly went on loan when the opportunity arose - Colback, Waghorn, Henderson, Pickford, Gooch, Brown. That’s off the top of my head.

So it comes down to either:

1) Majority aren’t good enough so even clubs way down the ladder don’t want to give them minutes so we have to look at coaching, scouting, to make sure we’re producing those who are good enough

Or

2) We’re being petty over wages being paid by whom or loan fees or whatever and cutting our nose off to spite our face.

I really hope it’s not the latter

I think their are numerous problems with the way the league is run. Most of the managers have an eye to moving up to getting a first tram managers job somewhere and are more interested in results than player development- it's seen as better to have won PL2 than come bottom with 5/6 players out on loan or turning out for the first team.
That said it's usually the youth system that gets torn up when a club hits financial difficulty- if Leeds had cut costs elsewhere and had held on to their youth products they would have had a much brighter recent history.
The exception to the rule that I can think of is Southampton- it certainly worked for them.
Players like ledger beadling the robsons will be what ultimately keep us afloat if we go down and short fucks off- letting them get experience in league 1 and 2 now or in Ireland Norway might be the difference between the recent histories of Southampton and Leeds

he was named on the bench (just coming back from injury), but Donnelly got a knock during the warm up, so Ledger stepped in at right back and had a good game.

Tbf if he's talking about the one slagging off local media he did better than me.

My eyes felt like they'd been interviewed by Harvey Weinstein after reading the author's take on "Infinite Monkey Theorem" and had to stop reading
Aye I’ve quickly realised that if I want to read a Student Grant diatribe on how corporations are weally, weally evil, or three paras on how to make the perfect basil pesto, then look no further than a RR opinion piece on safc.

well nelson has suddenly got a move, j.robson, t.robson and d.wright are all suddenly back playing football, funny that as those 3 were mentioned in the RR article after not having game time for months............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back