Gender Neutral Passports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im neither for nor against but Where do you draw the line after this. Would every official document you need to fill in for anything like bank accounts, road tax, joining electricity companies all have to follow suit.

Not to mention ones condom subscription application and the bulk tampon order.

How will one cope ?

Western idea? You mean the idea of male and female that was written in the Bible?

It’s not some brand new, capitalist idea that’s just come about. People for thousands of years have accepted you either have a todger or flange, it’s never needed to be a big deal.

Well... yeah. As in 'Western Culture' is more or less interchangeable with 'Christian Culture' or has been for most of the last 10 centuries depending on how you define 'Western'.

Would you disagree with that?

Well... yeah. As in 'Western Culture' is more or less interchangeable with 'Christian Culture' or has been for most of the last 10 centuries depending on how you define 'Western'.

Would you disagree with that?

That’s not what you said though, was it? And the story/dates further back than Christianity.

That’s not what you said though, was it? And the story/dates further back than Christianity.

You're quibbling over the difference between Western Idea/Culture?

Not really sure what you're claiming I've said. The story may well pre-date any of the religions of the Middle East, but if you want to take that argument then going back further you'll find fewer cultures with such rigidly defined rules on gender.

What a load of bollocks. Your gender isn't something you choose, it's a biological and anotamical fact easily proven by a DNA test. It's like a ginger person bleaching their hair, they might identify as a blonde but your hair is naturally still ginger.

You've confused sex with gender there mate.

You're quibbling over the difference between Western Idea/Culture?

Not really sure what you're claiming I've said. The story may well pre-date any of the religions of the Middle East, but if you want to take that argument then going back further you'll find fewer cultures with such rigidly defined rules on gender.

You said it was a ‘Western’ idea that there’s male, female and nothing else. You’re then trying to say it’s Christian/Western culture, which is completely different for a start, but still untrue.

Which ancient cultures didn’t have male and females as the only genders? Definitely wasn’t the Western one’s for a start.
You've confused sex with gender there mate.

Tbf, gender is linked with sex by definition.

You said it was a ‘Western’ idea that there’s male, female and nothing else. You’re then trying to say it’s Christian/Western culture, which is completely different for a start, but still untrue.

Which ancient cultures didn’t have male and females as the only genders? Definitely wasn’t the Western one’s for a start.

Tbf, gender is linked with sex by definition.

You realise you're literally trying to tell me what I meant? :lol:

The point is the passport is there to identify you when you travel for a number of reasons.

There are many ways to identify yourself and prove that the person holding the passport is you. Having an M/F option is logical for 99% of the population as they have identifiable male or female parts which could be used for identification.

Its a bit morbid, but after say a plane crash, they find the body.... it can be idenfitied as male or female to help classify you. Then they have your age to go off, place of birth might even help narrow down who the body they have in front of them is

An X category is absolutely pointless unless the person genuinely has both male and female anatomy. But that is not what the campaign for an X is really about is it?

The point is the passport is there to identify you when you travel for a number of reasons.

There are many ways to identify yourself and prove that the person holding the passport is you. Having an M/F option is logical for 99% of the population as they have identifiable male or female parts which could be used for identification.

Its a bit morbid, but after say a plane crash, they find the body.... it can be idenfitied as male or female to help classify you. Then they have your age to go off, place of birth might even help narrow down who the body they have in front of them is

An X category is absolutely pointless unless the person genuinely has both male and female anatomy. But that is not what the campaign for an X is really about is it?
You must have flown to some strange airports.

You must have flown to some strange airports.

Ok so that came across a bit weird. I didnt mean to imply that passport officers are checking the validity of passengers by having them strip. Thats why i used the plane crash analogy to explain.

Men and women are biologically different. There are times when I'm afraid that its useful to make that distinction. Imagine if the police had to investigate missing person as a middle aged X. Its not helpful in finding the person, and its self defined by the person anyway.

I have no problem with a man who wants to dress as a woman and be addressed as a woman (or vice versa). I would respect that with no problem. If people want to transition then fine. Im not offended by it.

But there are circumstances where Im afraid I think the line needs to be drawn

I honestly can't think of a single sensible reason why gender needs to be included on passports at all.

It's all bollocks this. You're male or female, end of.

We need to stop pandering to these nut jobs identifying themselves as "free spirited gender fluid non identifying individuals"

It's just a cry for help and attention if you ask me.
I think you need to reassess your whole outlook on life and perhaps go on an empathy course.
A cry for help shouldn't go unheard.
I for one, when I was really young, felt like a boy trapped in a womans body.
Then I was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back