Gateshead

Said this before on here, but the hardcore Heed fans hate the mags more than we do.
From personal experience of attending the odd Gateshead game each season id agree. There’s plenty of Sunderland fans go and watch them now and again also.
Their attendances go up tenfold when the mags are away.
They don’t like. As many Sunderland fans as mag fans go to some of their games in my experience.

Last edited:
How long ago was that?
The original Gateshead club was formed in 1899 as South Shields Adelaide and became members of the Football League in 1919. In 1930 financial problems saw the club moved to Gateshead, where they adopted the name of their new town. However, the club was voted out of the Football League in 1960 and folded in 1973.

Gateshead definitely more mags in my experience. Shields have a higher proportion of Sunlun season card holders attend their games when the lads aren’t playing at home.

Although, that might just be I’ve recognised or know more on the odd occasion I’ve attended.

Gateshead definitely more mags in my experience. Shields have a higher proportion of Sunlun season card holders attend their games when the lads aren’t playing at home.

Although, that might just be I’ve recognised or know more on the odd occasion I’ve attended.
Thing is and I ve mentioned this before but when I ve been at Gateshead games there’s a few faces I recognise from Sunderland games, however they are all dressed neutrally whereas all the mags stand out as they feel the need to wear their barcode tops 24/7.

There previous manager, Williamson has done very well. At Gateshead he often could not name a subs bench as he didn’t have enough fit players. To keep Gateshead towards the top under those circumstances. And then he takes MK Dons from mid table into the playoffs.

Thing is and I ve mentioned this before but when I ve been at Gateshead games there’s a few faces I recognise from Sunderland games, however they are all dressed neutrally whereas all the mags stand out as they feel the need to wear their barcode tops 24/7.

I’ve never really been tempted or wanted to attend a Gateshead match. I find calling themselves the “heed” is as cringey as mags calling themselves “toon” and always associated them more with Newcastle.

Weird that mags would go and watch them in Newcastle colours like, although they’ve been spotted at plenty of our games doing the same!

Loads of our fans go to Gateshead games
There previous manager, Williamson has done very well. At Gateshead he often could not name a subs bench as he didn’t have enough fit players. To keep Gateshead towards the top under those circumstances. And then he takes MK Dons from mid table into the playoffs.
Aye, said this on another thread he’s a very good coach.

Not sure he’d ever be accepted here mind.

Back