Gary Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good words from big Sam,sums up the esteem in which the guy was held very nicely.

Pancho said:
You may well be correct.

The email is credited to Barry Glendinning and Barney Ronay.

He used the 'stop the clocks' line on Twitter yesterday. He's an excellent writer when tackling a serious subject.

I can't believe how much his death has shocked me, normally when someone famous dies it's sad but that's life, I was genuinely shocked and gutted. Just goes to show you never know what's going on in someone's head.
I wonder how all the personal chants Bruce is getting is affecting him?

RIP Gary Speed
God bless his family.

I can't believe how much his death has shocked me, normally when someone famous dies it's sad but that's life, I was genuinely shocked and gutted. Just goes to show you never know what's going on in someone's head.
I wonder how all the personal chants Bruce is getting is affecting him?

RIP Gary Speed
God bless his family.

Agreed, was shocked yesterday but I'm more gutted today. Wasn't a favourite player as such, or anything like that.

I think it's hit home more though cos he's only a few years older than me, and I've been aware of his career from start to end.

I think it's also the suddeness of it, and the waste of a life that makes it harder to accept.

Then seeing other folks reactions just makes it hit home even more. Especially Bryn Law's show of emotion. As hard as that is too look at, it shows a real human touch and indicates what people thought of Gary Speed.

RIP, thoughts with your family.

shearer sounds distraught in the bbc interview, strange usually at least one or two people are aware of the personal problems in an individuals life

Agreed, was shocked yesterday but I'm more gutted today. Wasn't a favourite player as such, or anything like that.

I think it's hit home more though cos he's only a few years older than me, and I've been aware of his career from start to end.

I think it's also the suddeness of it, and the waste of a life that makes it harder to accept.

Then seeing other folks reactions just makes it hit home even more. Especially Bryn Law's show of emotion. As hard as that is too look at, it shows a real human touch and indicates what people thought of Gary Speed.

RIP, thoughts with your family.

I've been exactly the same today mate.
I think the way people who knew him have reacted has made it harder to understand, such emotion and genuine grief from everyone from pro footballers to managers to tv personalities.
I also think the way this message board has reacted over an ex Newcastle player has been fantastic, I don't go on any other boards so I can't comment on them, but most on here are a credit to your club and football in general.
Every time I think about it I get a sickly feeling in my stomach, I didn't know him but I had met him a few times during his NUFC days and he always came across as a top bloke
RIP Speedo :-(

I think the way people who knew him have reacted has made it harder to understand, such emotion and genuine grief from everyone from pro footballers to managers to tv personalities.
I also think the way this message board has reacted over an ex Newcastle player has been fantastic, I don't go on any other boards so I can't comment on them, but most on here are a credit to your club and football in general.
Every time I think about it I get a sickly feeling in my stomach, I didn't know him but I had met him a few times during his NUFC days and he always came across as a top bloke

well said mate
and sometimes there's more to life than football,all Sunderland fans are genuinely sad at this news

Most fans feel the same like mate

Some things are bigger and more important than football,kind of puts things in perspective.

Well said

Savages interview on the BBC was hard to watch and 606 was tough to listen to but for some reason you just couldn't switch it off.

Well said

Savages interview on the BBC was hard to watch and 606 was tough to listen to but for some reason you just couldn't switch it off.

Same with Mark Halsey yesterday on Sky, he sounded devastated too, sounded like Speed had really gone out of his way just to have a chat with him and try and keep his spirits up.

RIP. if all pro's were like speed football would be a greater game.

Massive, massive loss to the world of football. Not only a top bloke, but a top, top player who was vastly underrated by many; one of the best box-to-box centre mids the Premiership has seen. He was absolutely pivotal to our successful period under Sir Bobby, it's well known that Bobby absolutely adored him. He was also an outstanding leader, many of the younger players who played with him have commented how they always knew they could talk to him about anything and that they looked up to him and the example he set, as well as a model pro, very rarely missed a game and you always expected to see number 11 on the team sheet. It speaks volumes that tributes are pouring in from all over and that fans of every club he graced class him as one of their own. A true great, RIP Gary. :-(

Aye, one or two have reared their ugly heads looking for bites with distasteful comments/threads, but they've been a small minority and on the whole it's been massively respectful. Fair play.

It's completely tragic. 42! That's nout.

RIP to a model pro and a top bloke.

Top post by Leonard Osborune.

Aye, one or two have reared their ugly heads looking for bites with distasteful comments/threads, but they've been a small minority and on the whole it's been massively respectful. Fair play.[/QUOTE]

if that's true they should be banned for life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back