Gary Rowett

Many of our fans would have lost their shit even more than they already have done if we brought in Rowett, whether on a temporary basis or otherwise.

Taken over at Birmingham on an interim basis until the end of the season whilst Mowbray is away. Exactly the sort of thing we should be doing, get someone in until the end of the season instead of hoping for the best with Dodds every game.
Why? We aren’t getting play offs and we aren’t getting relegated. We will limp over the line and finish mid-table.

Why use any financial resources for a temporary gaffer when we can go full pelt in the summer for who we actually want?

There'd be arguments for and against it.

We could get someone a bit more experienced in, but then last time Dodds took interim control it didn't go too badly.

Then there's bringing in a fourth head coach in the same season and whatever ideas they have and whatever ideas the current lot have and getting that through to the players, only to have that person leave at the end of the season anyway.

And then what if they're shite anyway? Do they sack the interim coach?

I'd rather they'd have made the right appointment instead of Beale coming in and really I think he walked away from it, but that's done now. Dodds getting the job until the end of the season was too long for me, but I can see why they did it if it means the door is open for the person they want at the end of the season.

And I'm not sure Birmingham should be held up as any example of what should be done. They've made pretty much the same mistakes as us this season, although they won't have been able to account for Mowbray being out of action.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but whoever comes in after all this better have been worth the wait.

8 points from 36 (and 1 from 21 in the last 7) since the Mags fiasco.

Before the mags fiasco we were 6th on 40 points.

WATTBA.

Such a crying shame to write the season off.

Taken over at Birmingham on an interim basis until the end of the season whilst Mowbray is away. Exactly the sort of thing we should be doing, get someone in until the end of the season instead of hoping for the best with Dodds every game.

This was Speakman giving Dodds his time to shine and get the job on a permanent basis.

Dodds needs the rest of the season to try and cement his appointment by winning a couple of games and keeping us in the championship.
Then Speakman has his ready made man

No point appointing anyone now , maybe they will make a decent decision as they have months to sort it. We will not go down and frankly I don’t care if we don’t get another win

Back