Gary Madine - January

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will be calling for his head if we don’t win on Saturday. He’s in a no win situation here, the same one Ross ended up in. A certain element have decided he’s not good enough & even winning the league this year won’t change their minds.

will give him more that Saturday but i agree he's going to get no time with the fans as it's such an underwhelming appointment

from what i've read about him i'm expecting the same boring, dull, negative approach we had from Jack Ross just with 0-0's instead of 1-1's

i really really hope i'm wrong

Big physical lad, was always going to mate.
He’s got what we’re lacking

to be fair mate you thought Defoe was a mistake;)
If they won’t sign Maddison down to attitude and off the field issues this lads a lot worse! Been jailed once and could’ve been twice but his relative didn’t report him for bottling him 😳

Played arguably his best football under Parkinson at Bolton. Big and physical, which we lack. Scored goals at this level.

Get him in on loan. Not arsed he’s a mag and a bit of a wrong’un.
But is he as big and mean as Big Dirty Billy Whitehurst.

Last edited:
If he was to get the goals to get us promotion would you give a shit?
Nah, I wouldn’t, but given the carry on we’ve had with ex-Mags in the past & the fact we’ve been trying to get the right personalities in, I wouldn’t look to sign him. I’d look for someone else. If he was wearing the shirt, I’d give him my support.

well we tried the spiending fuck loads to give it billy big bollox in this league approach and it failed..
Thats cos the scouts (if we have any) are useless and our tactics don't suit Grigg. So we now hire a manager whos tactics are even more less suited to Grigg.

I love how many people know him on this thread.

Like a lot of lads he made mistakes when he was younger. He’s turned that around which is a testament to his character.

He’s a decent fella overall but a move up here isn’t what he needs. He had a bit of a wild summer and turned up a stone overweight back at Cardiff.

He’s also on very decent money down there, if we paid half he would still be well over what SD deems as L1 wages, so most likely a non starter.

He had a little purple patch at Bolton when they were in the Championship. But we won't sign him because of his bad reputation, just we did Marcus Madison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back