Garn out for Christmas dinner

True. Couple of me mates used to work at the Ramside Christmas day. Must be shit like.
Ramside do a cracking Christmas Day meal. It’s pricey mind. I seem to recall one year all drinks being included n’arl but I think now you just get a half a btl of wine or a btl per head.

As for working Christmas Day, it’s not that bad to be honest. Was usually a good atmosphere and you could get away with murder just because you’d turned in.

Anyone recommend anywhere really nice with a good atmosphere?

You won't get a good Christmas atmosphere during the last week of September. Can you not leave it until later in the year? Then, perhaps book lunch in the Half Moon Hotel in the Bigg Market, Newcastle. You can't beat the atmosphere in there.

A bit of a left field suggestion.

We take turns to cook Christmas dinner with the in-laws.

When it’s our turn we invite them over on Christmas Eve at 4ish and her parents and the brother in law’s family go home at about 8 to prepare for Santa Claus.

It removes the hassle of any pressure of cooking on Christmas Day. I do a fry up at 11ish after the kids have opened their pressies.

Did it a few years back at Bowburn Hall, not sure how much but as a guide they want £73 a head this year.

Saved me the cooking but it was like eating Christmas dinner in a nursing home. f***ing awful.

Back