Garmin

Discussion in 'Diet and Exercise' started by Joe Public, Feb 22, 2019.

1. D.A

D.A Striker

Do you need your phone to use garmin pay?

2. elder

elder Striker

nope, but it has apple pay on it so can use that the majority of the time. I reckon I'll just get the Instinct which has all the features I need and spend the rest on hookers and blow :)

3. D.A

D.A Striker

I have the fenix 5x. I use it for maps. It's toppa.

elder likes this.
  4. Forerunner 735 here with HR Chest Strap, absolutely love it.

I had an Apple Watch prior to it, an absolute gimmick of a sports watch.

5. The Great MES

The Great MES Winger

I got the forerunner 35 for Christmas and im not impressed with it at all. Ive had the forerunner 10 for 5 years which is basic but did the job and I only replaced it cos the charging port was knackered. It can take an absolute age to pick up gps and syncing it with the app on my phone is a right clart on cos it keeps losing connection. Like i say not impressed at all

6. D.A

D.A Striker

My mate has a fore runner 235 for sale, 80 quid ono

Terry Collier likes this.
  7. Got a Suunto Ambit 3 as need the battery life for doing daft stuff, fantastic piece of kit.

8. Terry Collier

Terry Collier Subs Bench

Cheers D.A. The best running watch you can get at the lower budget end. Built in HRM.

Sold

That’ll larn yuz.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    D.A likes this.
  9. bu-bu-buchanon

bu-bu-buchanon Striker

Out of interest, do many places use Garmin pay ?
    The advantage I can see with it is buying something when you’re out in a run - a drink, or something from the shops when you get back as I never take my card or phone with me

10. Medulla

Medulla Striker

Iirc it's more to do with UK banks supporting it - Santander certainly do and I've used it and it works perfectly. Definitely a useful thing to have imo.

11. I’m having the same dilemma. Which one did you go for in the end? What was your verdict?

12. Medulla

Medulla Striker

Music

Works great if you have Spotify Premium, haven’t loaded any music onto it yet

Really like it for what I need

13. daveydavey

daveydavey Striker

I'm looking at getting one of these! Reasonably priced and good reviews. From google I can see it is possible to sync to Strava but nobody seems too confident about it...do you know DA?

Also I will get back to you on the trail shoes tomorrow, I've been sick & off work / super busy.

14. D.A

D.A Striker

Yep, syncs to garmin connect and strava via Bluetooth.

daveydavey likes this.
  15. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

I just bought one a fortnight ago and it’s working out class for me, I was a Fitbit wanker before this like so the bar was low!

daveydavey likes this.