Gareth Thomas rugby player hiv positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
If labelling someone bitter and twisted once (or in this case using a common colloquialism) is similar to the volume of bullying that Jesy Nelson (death threats excepted) has had to face then, aye, I guess...

Can't remember you displaying similar ire whenever Dawn Thewlis' name is mentioned and she is abused repeatedly, mind.
If you can find me dishing out said abuse to Dawn then you'd have a point.

Didn't mention volume. Just the action of abusing someone else online.

Hopefully Gareth can educate you to behave better in the future tho.

Last edited:

Has he ever admitted he's a cyber bully or is the view from his high horse a little distorted :rolleyes:

Never said you did, merely that I can't remember you pulling anyone up when the abuse has been directed at her. Feel free to prove me wrong though, no issue with it and I'll happily apologise if I do.

Again, this thread isn't about me.

Last edited:
You say that but provide no reasoning or logic ...
... tbf I expect you're at the upper limit of your debating skills.

Does it really need explaining to you why the vast majority of people replying to you are disagreeing? I suspect most don’t want to dignify your nonsense by trying to debate you.

Never said you did, merely that I can't remember you pulling anyone up when the abuse has been directed at her. Feel free to prove me wrong though, no issue with it and I'll happily apologise if I do.

Again, this thread isn't about me.
I might have. I might not have. I disagree with it either way. Not sure of the relevance.

Christian religious zealots in the CIA developed aids in one of their secret labs to punish gays iirc

IIRC they were targeting drug addicts and gays were caught up in it.
Does it really need explaining to you why the vast majority of people replying to you are disagreeing? I suspect most don’t want to dignify your nonsense by trying to debate you.

:lol:

Dear me, another one who's entirely deluded and just makes up ridiculous shit in a desperate attempt to prove their puerile point ... the vast majority, good grief.

A dozen people 'liked' the OP man, get yersel some glasses or some objectivity.

Last edited:
... may be doing more harm than good.

He's about to appear on the BBC News with another tearful display claiming he wishes to 'empower people'.

Whatever his cause, whether I believed in it or not, I'd be thinking of distancing myself from him.

The concept that bursting into tears makes someone a hero is really starting to wear a bit thin.
I say good on him, it must be awful living with such a disease. I can see why your comment about distancing yourself could get peoples back up on here. You could have phrased it better but hey ho its done now.

This thread is almost as embarrassing as the Peter Kay one in Parsnip.

Regardless of tears on TV. Talking about living with HIV in the public eye is a good thing. It highlights the struggles people have. If it makes only 1 person think twice about being more careful then it has been positive.

I say good on him, it must be awful living with such a disease. I can see why your comment about distancing yourself could get peoples back up on here. You could havinge phrased it better but hey ho its done now.

That's fair enough mate.

I do admire him and his comments but, imo, he's just starting to appear a little self obsessed.

I don't think he's the ideal spokesman for whatever cause he's supporting tbh.

Last edited:
Wish the guy all the best, and fortunately treatment has come along way, but got to admit I'm a bit weary of the 'stunning and brave' shit going on these days.

He took a risk and it backfired. No different to getting pissed and wrapping your car around a tree.

Don’t know if I’m misreading, but are you suggesting that contracting HIV is no different to getting pissed and crashing your car ??

Last edited:
This thread is almost as embarrassing as the Peter Kay one in Parsnip.

Regardless of tears on TV. Talking about living with HIV in the public eye is a good thing. It highlights the struggles people have. If it makes only 1 person think twice about being more careful then it has been positive.

Yet you choose to participate and give your opinion ...

... just as other people have done.

Are opinions only allowed if they agree with your own or are they all simply dismissed as embarrassing.

Last edited:
Unguarded assbanging - there's winners and there's losers
Which ones in particular...

... Sima or the people calling me a c/unt from the safety of their laptops perhaps.

Or maybe you believe a gay man with HIV is immune from any criticism ever.
:)

I shouldn't, but.

That's fair enough mate.

I do admire him and his comments but, imo, he's just starting to appear a little self obsessed.

I don't follow rugby at all so I honestly don't even know who he is so couldn't comment on him been an ideal spokesman.
I wouldn't participate in any types of sports that could shed blood with someone with HIV as I don't want to catch it and that must be punishing for people with the disease so yeah its good that he is coming forward imo.

I don't follow rugby at all so I honestly don't even know who he is so couldn't comment on him been an ideal spokesman.
I wouldn't participate in any types of sports that could shed blood with someone with HIV as I don't want to catch it and that must be punishing for people with the disease so yeah its good that he is coming forward imo.

I'm not saying he shouldn't come forward, fair play to him.

I just don't see him as the ideal role model the media appear to want to make him.

He seems to be on the verge of a breakdown at times, it may not be as cathartic for him as people believe ....
... although I'm sure it makes good TV.

Men in general are terrified of going to the doctors and especially getting themselves checked out. Him coming out with hiv will shock a few into going to get themselves checked.

That's fair enough mate.

Who is?
Yet you choose to participate and give your opinion ...

... just as other people have done.

Are opinions only allowed if they agree with your own or are they all simply dismissed as embarrassing.
Is it you don't like bloke's crying on TV?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back