Gareth Thomas rugby player hiv positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you actually being serious, have you not read the OP?

Firstly, I didn't say anyone should distance themselves from him, you must be imagining that.

I was talking about me and me alone, I'm not telling anyone else what to do. It's my opion and nothing more.

This is what I said with the answer to your question you keep claiming I'm avoiding, it's in the OP man.

"Whatever his cause, whether I believed in it or not, I'd be thinking of distancing myself from him.

The concept that bursting into tears makes someone a hero is really starting to wear a bit thin."

Fair enough mate. I don’t agree with you but everyone is allowed their opinion. I find it hard to believe that you honestly think people look up to him simply because he “bursts into tears” as you put it however.

Also if he was your brother/close friend etc, would you still be thinking of distancing yourself or would you support him?

Last edited:

Yeah, except I didn't quote him.

He's having another meltdown mate.

It's difficult to take anything he says seriously after the disgraceful way he abused @janey
Fair enough mate. I don’t agree with you but everyone is allowed their opinion. I find it hard to believe that you honestly think people look up to him simply because he “bursts into tears” as you put it however.

Fine, except I didn't put it that way at all.

You seem to have the tendency to 'read between the lines' and believe it's an actual fact ...

... something you share with a few others on here tbh.

Last edited:
He's having another meltdown mate.

It's difficult to take anything he says seriously after the disgraceful way he abused @janey

Fine, except I didn't put it that way at all.

You seem to have the tendency to 'read between the lines' and believe it's an actual fact ...

... something you share with a few others on here tbh.

That’s exactly how you put it but okay, we aren’t going to agree so It’s pointless continuing the conversation.

That’s exactly how you put it but okay, we aren’t going to agree so It’s pointless continuing the conversation.

What I said was in reference to the media and the way they portray people.

I hope that clarifies what I said, I'm certainly not saying what people think or believe.

"The concept that bursting into tears makes someone a hero is really starting to wear a bit thin.. ".

Last edited:
Is Aids still more common amongst gay men ?I remember in the 80’s we where led to believe almost ever other one of them had aids .

The concept that bursting into tears makes someone a hero is really starting to wear a bit thin.

Wish the guy all the best, and fortunately treatment has come along way, but got to admit I'm a bit weary of the 'stunning and brave' shit going on these days.

He took a risk and it backfired. No different to getting pissed and wrapping your car around a tree.

Last edited:
What fees? Has he been paid for this interview that he has done?

Genuinely don't know so happy to be proven wrong with the correct information.

Only in the last week or so Jesy Nelson has been widely praised for the documentary she has completed about bullying and the abuse she has had to face. Why can't Gareth Thomas do something similar?
Don't remember him receiving anywhere close to what she had to put up with mind. Wasn't he mostly supported and commended from the off?

Don't remember him receiving anywhere close to what she had to put up with mind.

I know, but he would still be a good figurehead to front up a documentary educating the public about what he has gone through and publicise the advancements in medical science that make HIV/AIDS less of a death sentence than it was in years gone by.

I know, but he would still be a good figurehead to front up a documentary educating the public about what he has gone through and publicise the advancements in medical science that make HIV/AIDS less of a death sentence than it was in years gone by.
So nowt like the poor lass then.

Hold on a second. You openly bullied a lass on line not desimilar to what Jesy had to face didn't you? :lol:

Obviously not death threats but other unpleasant stuff aye?

Last edited:
Why are you, want the last word as usual by any chance.

Instead of telling other people what to do why not just go ...
... just a thought, you seem quite wound up tbh.

I don't understand why he says he's doing these interviews to 'remove the stigma of HIV' ...

... I didn't think there was a great stigma any more, certainly not with people I know.

It makes you wonder if he's been so courageous that he waived his fees or donated them to a good cause.

That's an honest question as he may well have done.

Why would I be wound up mate? You’re the one coming across as a right daft shite as per. Been kicked off PF?

So nowt like the poor lass then.

Hold on a second. You openly bullied a lass on line not desimilar to what Jesy had to face didn't you? :lol:

Obviously not death threats but other unpleasant stuff aye?

If labelling someone bitter and twisted once (or in this case using a common colloquialism) is similar to the volume of bullying that Jesy Nelson (death threats excepted) has had to face then, aye, I guess...

Can't remember you displaying similar ire whenever Dawn Thewlis' name is mentioned and she is abused repeatedly, mind.

But this thread is about Gareth Thomas and how those considered 'celebrities' can use their status for educating the wider public and not about me.

Last edited:
Why would I be wound up mate? You’re the one coming across as a right daft shite as per. Been kicked off PF?

You say that but provide no reasoning or logic ...
... tbf I expect you're at the upper limit of your debating skills.

Last edited:
Gareth Thomas is one of the hardest men to play Union at the highest level. He hid his sexuality whilst playing for club & country, a country which could to some eyes be identified as parochial. Coming out was traumatic enough, to now be diagnosed HIV positive, surrounded by the stigma observed by posters on here shows guts I haven't got.

I'm ashamed by some of the comments I've read...

Gareth Thomas is one of the hardest men to play Union at the highest level. He hid his sexuality whilst playing for club & country, a country which could to some eyes be identified as parochial. Coming out was traumatic enough, to now be diagnosed HIV positive, surrounded by the stigma observed by posters on here shows guts I haven't got.

I'm ashamed by some of the comments I've read...

Which ones in particular...

... Sima or the people calling me a c/unt from the safety of their laptops perhaps.

Or maybe you believe a gay man with HIV is immune from any criticism ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back