Gareth Thomas rugby player hiv positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say that, or make any kind of reference that would make you think that?
I was just asking why you wanted to distance yourself from him. It wasn't clear. He already is some kind of hero so I don't think his crying ( if he did) was done to make him appear heroic.
( He won a hero of the year award back in 2010)

I was just asking why you wanted to distance yourself from him. It wasn't clear. He already is some kind of hero so I don't think his crying ( if he did) was done to make him appear heroic.
( He won a hero of the year award back in 2010)

It was perfectly clear and also clear that it had nothing to do with him being gay.

No idea why you'd ask me if that was the reason when there was no indication of that.

It's akin to asking me if it's because he's black.

What “beliefs” is he trying to advance?

What is he doing that is bad? I’ve read the story but not seen the interview so I may have missed something
He's trying to challenge the belief that HIV is a death sentence and inevitably results in disability. Not sure what he done that's bad.

AIDS has been about for 30 years and has the thinking around preventing contracting it, fortunately there survival rates have massively improved during this time also

Hammer to fall! Let's face it, if you choose to have unprotected anal sex with like minded men then you are increasing your chances of catching viruses... virii?

... may be doing more harm than good.

He's about to appear on the BBC News with another tearful display claiming he wishes to 'empower people'.

Whatever his cause, whether I believed in it or not, I'd be thinking of distancing myself from him.

The concept that bursting into tears makes someone a hero is really starting to wear a bit thin.
I'm sorry it's not clear from this post why you're criticising him. Can you just be clear on why you'd be distancing yourself from him?

Hammer to fall! Let's face it, if you choose to have unprotected anal sex with like minded men then you are increasing your chances of catching viruses... virii?
Really? Verging on the 'they deserve it' stance there. You may have missed from generally reading threads on here that heterosexual promiscuity is cool. And carries no risks at all obviously.

well not really as he is white
Logon or register to see this image

But he is gay.
And, as Reiver was probably getting at, riddled with a disease that a lot of people misunderstand and are terrified of. Which ironically if Reiver had read the articles on Thomas properly would understand its that element of HIV he is trying to educate others about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back