Gammon stew

Done some more yesterday just like me Mam used to make it. It really is corker of a dish . Boil a big Gammon joint for an hour in a pan while in a separate stew pot put in sliced leeks sliced carrots sliced swede and cover with water until just over the level of the veg. A couple of stock cubes. After the Gammon is done take out and cut into biggish cubes and add . Also add half a packet of red lentils and some chopped up tatties. The secret ingredient of half a bottle of brown sauce next and simmer away before adding beef gravy granules for the last 30 mins and keep stirring.

Big bit of crusty french stick served with it and it's probably the most wholesome tasing comfort food going . Got loads potted up in boxes ready to freeze
Stopped reading at red lentils! Needs some good mash & dumplings then you have a winner!!

At least most of us are only on here cos we're meant to be working so getting paid for it!
No wonder the NHS is fecked Doctor Mick :eek: :lol:
Stopped reading at red lentils! Needs some good mash & dumplings then you have a winner!!
The lentils make it man but it's funny hearing everyone's different version they grew up with. Mash is a no no but the dumplings added could be tried , but red lentils are tremendous in it
I don't even own a pen. Not a single one in the house. Which isn't anything to be proud of.
You don't have a pen? I don't mean a fountain pen or some daft fountain pen (My lad worked in a jewellers and Gordon Ramsey came in a few years ago before Christmas to buy a pen for about £300 :eek: :lol: Just an Argos one does man

Last edited:

Back