Game of thrones season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
...back on Dragonstone?

Have we actually seen Castetly Rock in the show? Just wondering how you're sure that's the location.
Nope but they did say it and (IIRC) Highgarden would feature this series. If you look above the doorway I'd say it's a pretty obvious whee the castle belongs to.

Unsullied Vs Lannisters at the gates.

Greyworm getting his stump tickled off Missandei

I started it last weekend, now nearly finished season 3! Got to admit, its class.
Oooof!!! :lol:

Cannot believe they didn't stick with the original idea of revealing Johns parentage through a 'roberts rebellion' flashback season.
Must be one of the upcoming spin offs
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr, they did? :confused:

...grabbin' Littlefinger by the throwt. :cool:

And dressed like a wildling with Tormund running like fuck away from presumably wights and/or White Walkers north of the wall.:eek:

Last edited:

I don't get off on the flashbacks. There's enough going on with all the interrwined present day stuff. I was on a flight recently with a poor selection of entertainment but it did have season six so I started watching to refresh my memory in time for the new season. That bit where Bran goes back in time to see a young Ned Stark and his boys fight The Sword of the Morning - who's he, why were they fighting and who was in the tower? Was it his sister? So what? Why did the three eyed tree dweller keep stopping Bran from learning the truth about the past?

As much as I like Game of Thrones, i am glad they are wrapping it up soon, Winter has been coming for an eternity, and you feel a lot of the plot filling around it is just there to kill time (board shitless by Arya Stark)

As much as I like Game of Thrones, i am glad they are wrapping it up soon, Winter has been coming for an eternity, and you feel a lot of the plot filling around it is just there to kill time (board shitless by Arya Stark)

Aye that was my beef about the books - way too much filler which didn't move the story along. On the telly Arya Stark seemed to spend about three seasons roaming around with the Hound and travelling off to the house of the nameless etc. sozz - don't care when there's so much more interesting stuff going on elsewhere.

Afaik GRRM has came out and said the prequels will be neither Dunk and Egg nor Robbo's Rebellion.

Boooooooo

I don't get off on the flashbacks. There's enough going on with all the interrwined present day stuff. I was on a flight recently with a poor selection of entertainment but it did have season six so I started watching to refresh my memory in time for the new season. That bit where Bran goes back in time to see a young Ned Stark and his boys fight The Sword of the Morning - who's he, why were they fighting and who was in the tower? Was it his sister? So what? Why did the three eyed tree dweller keep stopping Bran from learning the truth about the past?

Arthur Dayne. Kingsguard to the Targaryens. Said to be the greatest knight for many years. Sword of the Morning because that title goes to any member of the Dayne family who wields their family's ancestral sword, Dawn.

Guarding Lyanna Stark because the implication is that she consensually bore Rhaegar's son making Jon a Targaryen bastard born in Dorne (making him Jon Sand) or maybe even after a secret marriage making him the TRUE heir to the Iron Throne

It's a huge plot piece and reverses six seasons of knowledge that Jon isn't Ned's son, he's Lyanna and Rhaegars son

Last edited:
g. On the telly Arya Stark seemed to spend about three seasons roaming around with the Hound and travelling off to the house of the nameless .

Yeah that was a massive snooze fest, Jamie and Brienne wandering around for a season was the same.

Also find the Danery's stuff quite boring too, which considering the dragons is a surprise, spent way too long moaning on about slaves from the pyramid, then a season of yet more wondering as she goes back to the pyramid. At leaset shee seems to be cracking on now.

Basically i guess the find the stuff that isnt about the goings on at the wall/the north a bit dull in general (obviously there are exceptional moments but overall its a lot of filler).

Flashback was during Robert's rebellion.

The rebellion began when Raegar (sp?) Targeryan ran off with Ned's sister (Robert's betrothed). The mad king killed Ned's brother and dad when they went to get her back so it all kicked off.

Those flashbacks at the Tower of Joy was Ned trying to get his sister back.

The fella with the sword was one of the old King's guard, can't remember his name right now. He was the best swordsman in the 7 kingdoms at the time and Ned got a lot of respect for being able to beat him.

The three eyed tree dweller keeps stopping Bran from looking is likely to avoid a "Hold the door" situation.

Yeah that was a massive snooze fest, Jamie and Brienne wandering around for a season was the same.

Also find the Danery's stuff quite boring too, which considering the dragons is a surprise, spent way too long moaning on about slaves from the pyramid, then a season of yet more wondering as she goes back to the pyramid. At leaset shee seems to be cracking on now.

Basically i guess the find the stuff that isnt about the goings on at the wall/the north a bit dull in general (obviously there are exceptional moments but overall its a lot of filler).

Danerys has been my least favourite storyline. There was a bit of growing from a scared girl, making some mistakes and becoming a strong confidant woman, but along the way it seems like he had no army, got an army, lost that army, got an army, lost that army, got another army, lost that one and finished with a navy.

It will be quality

Danerys has been my least favourite storyline. There was a bit of growing from a scared girl, making some mistakes and becoming a strong confidant woman, but along the way it seems like he had no army, got an army, lost that army, got an army, lost that army, got another army, lost that one and finished with a navy.
And a horrendous actress, forgot that bit.

It will be quality

And a horrendous actress, forgot that bit.

Definite wad though so I can over look some things.

Arya could have been a great story line, pretty much along the lines of an old samurai story. Small scrap of a kid is orphaned then suffers a few problems herself, seeks wise old master to learn skills and returns to kick some serious arse. Just they really dragged the story out. I suppose they were keeping her in the plot while she aged a few years to be more realistic but she went from being a good character initially to just tedious.

Boooooooo

Arthur Dayne. Kingsguard to the Targaryens. Said to be the greatest knight for many years. Sword of the Morning because that title goes to any member of the Dayne family who wields their family's ancestral sword, Dawn.

Guarding Lyanna Stark because the implication is that she consensually bore Rhaegar's son making Jon a Targaryen bastard born in Dorne (making him Jon Sand) or maybe even after a secret marriage making him the TRUE heir to the Iron Throne

It's a huge plot piece and reverses six seasons of knowledge that Jon isn't Ned's son, he's Lyanna and Rhaegars son
Ta for that Maester Frijjwell!

Flashback was during Robert's rebellion.

The rebellion began when Raegar (sp?) Targeryan ran off with Ned's sister (Robert's betrothed). The mad king killed Ned's brother and dad when they went to get her back so it all kicked off.

Those flashbacks at the Tower of Joy was Ned trying to get his sister back.

The fella with the sword was one of the old King's guard, can't remember his name right now. He was the best swordsman in the 7 kingdoms at the time and Ned got a lot of respect for being able to beat him.

The three eyed tree dweller keeps stopping Bran from looking is likely to avoid a "Hold the door" situation.
And that!

Definite wad though so I can over look some things.

Arya could have been a great story line, pretty much along the lines of an old samurai story. Small scrap of a kid is orphaned then suffers a few problems herself, seeks wise old master to learn skills and returns to kick some serious arse. Just they really dragged the story out. I suppose they were keeping her in the plot while she aged a few years to be more realistic but she went from being a good character initially to just tedious.
Spot on with that!

Actually I made a mistake

I think

Aerys died after Rhaegar but before Jon was born which I think means the throne passed to Viserys then Danaerys and skips Jon

I think

Anyone?

Okay, but how?

Rhaegar died at the Trident before Jaime killed Aerys. That meant that when Aerys died, the throne passed to Viserys. Now I suppose the question now becomes, who is the rightful heir, Danaerys as the succession is now travelling down Aerys' line or Jon because his birth reinstates Rhaegar's line?

I would suspect the former but maybe it is the latter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back