Game of thrones season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fingers crossed mate. Sad thing is only 13 more episodes left though we may get other shows based on the game of thrones universe. HBO are already looking at commissioning up to 4 different series.
There's a trilogy of books set 90 years before this story, "The tales of Dunk and Egg". Egg (as Aemon Targaryen refers to him) becomes King Aegon Targaryen, Dany's Grandfather. Although @Frijj might be able to correct me.

I hope we don't get a Dunk and Egg story, at least not until after we get a Robert's Rebellion prequel. That would be brilliant.
The only thing is they're dipping into Roberts Rebellion now and we all know the outcomes. There would be a good few seasons in the Dunk and Egg stuff. Martin has said he hopes to write more of it too (I know).

Fingers crossed mate. Sad thing is only 13 more episodes left though we may get other shows based on the game of thrones universe. HBO are already looking at commissioning up to 4 different series.
Cannot believe they didn't stick with the original idea of revealing Johns parentage through a 'roberts rebellion' flashback season.
Must be one of the upcoming spin offs

Anyone else really not enjoying the idea of a load of spin offs. I love GoT, it's my favourite show ever, I just can't help but feel they are going to fuck it up.

I think I'd rather they jumped ahead 300 or so years than go back and do a prequel about Robert's rebellion or a Dunk and Egg series.

Anyone else really not enjoying the idea of a load of spin offs. I love GoT, it's my favourite show ever, I just can't help but feel they are going to fuck it up.

I think I'd rather they jumped ahead 300 or so years than go back and do a prequel about Robert's rebellion or a Dunk and Egg series.

A jump like that would be creating a whole new society and characters. I don't think people would invest in that.

A jump like that would be creating a whole new society and characters. I don't think people would invest in that.
I know it's a different format but plenty of fantasy series have done it in books with success. Mistborn and Shannara for example.

Plus Blackadder managed it fine. ;)

I hope we don't get a Dunk and Egg story, at least not until after we get a Robert's Rebellion prequel. That would be brilliant.
Afaik GRRM has came out and said the prequels will be neither Dunk and Egg nor Robbo's Rebellion.

Will they even be a society in 300 odd years? I still think the White Walkers might win and everyone will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back