Fuel

Is that due to French industrial action ?

Something to do with Brexit practice.

The delays are currently on Eurotunnel (the Customs people there are working to rule) The ferries from Calais and the rest of France are fine. Holland is unaffected

She said she had bother a couple of weeks back with certain flowers. I've said what types and colours I'd like and she'll try her best to get them, so fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
10000 ltr tanks on some station but not all with an ambulance using about 100ltr per 24 hrs means that that tank isn’t going to last very long if several stations are drawing from it.
Fire won’t have to worry so much as they never go out but police and ambulances and to some extent Health providers will.

we put about 50l in a day just fitting smoke alarms these days mate, that's even if we don't get a job and its pumping all night

Is it to do with stacking lorries by the ports?

I've put in an order for flowers for Friday but it's subject to change depending on what she can get on Thursday. A lot of flowers come from Holland and they're getting caught up in the lorry stacking exercises so there are shortages or they're past their best when they get to the flower market.
I wonder why people dont grow more flowers here if there is such demand. Surely the likes of Norfolk would have the same conditions.

we put about 50l in a day just fitting smoke alarms these days mate, that's even if we don't get a job and its pumping all night
Yous have been to Mother Cornish doing exactly that. It was someone off here too.

I wonder why people dont grow more flowers here if there is such demand. Surely the likes of Norfolk would have the same conditions.
Daffodils are going unpicked down here as they can’t get anyone to do it

Just heard that emergency services should fill up at stations and not use fuel tanks at stations in case there’s shortages come the end of the month. Apparently there’s is no “intelligence “ but there must be some risk as they wouldn’t do such a thing. They are not known for forward planning imo and seem to reactive rather than proactive

I’m expecting this to get put in the political forum.
Surprising you’ve just seen this now. The initial plan for emergency services was released end of Jan/early Feb. It’s only in case of a no deal. The UK runs with a supply of something like 6 days worth of petrol/diesel. Panic buying takes that down to a 2 day supply (I think). Assuming you’ll have also seen about key workers/personal fuel limits?

we had to go there last year for a out 9 months when the station was getting a revamp :D #carnage
Did your lot get the Emergency Fuel Plan?

Surprising you’ve just seen this now. The initial plan for emergency services was released end of Jan/early Feb. It’s only in case of a no deal. The UK runs with a supply of something like 6 days worth of petrol/diesel. Panic buying takes that down to a 2 day supply (I think). Assuming you’ll have also seen about key workers/personal fuel limits?

Did your lot get the Emergency Fuel Plan?

the what now ? a wagon comes and emptied his load into us once a month, thats all I know.... :D

Back