Fuel

Just heard that emergency services should fill up at stations and not use fuel tanks at stations in case there’s shortages come the end of the month. Apparently there’s is no “intelligence “ but there must be some risk as they wouldn’t do such a thing. They are not known for forward planning imo and seem to reactive rather than proactive

I’m expecting this to get put in the political forum.

Just heard that emergency services should fill up at stations and not use fuel tanks at stations in case there’s shortages come the end of the month. Apparently there’s is no “intelligence “ but there must be some risk as they wouldn’t do such a thing. They are not known for forward planning imo and seem to reactive rather than proactive

Whilst mates in the police have been told to use the tanks at stations as its significantly cheaper and receive a kick up the ar5e for using BP, Shell etc

I presume this must be another remainer scare story then :);)

Came out today
I would hope they talked about it with others before such a story and didnt just release it today as a surprise :)

If anything you would think a police station/ambulance station supply is less likely to suffer from problems given they can predict with relative accuracy the amount of fuel being used as its a closed shop in a sense

Is it to do with stacking lorries by the ports?

I've put in an order for flowers for Friday but it's subject to change depending on what she can get on Thursday. A lot of flowers come from Holland and they're getting caught up in the lorry stacking exercises so there are shortages or they're past their best when they get to the flower market.

I would hope they talked about it with others before such a story and didnt just release it today as a surprise :)

If anything you would think a police station/ambulance station supply is less likely to suffer from problems given they can predict with relative accuracy the amount of fuel being used as its a closed shop in a sense
10000 ltr tanks on some station but not all with an ambulance using about 100ltr per 24 hrs means that that tank isn’t going to last very long if several stations are drawing from it.
Fire won’t have to worry so much as they never go out but police and ambulances and to some extent Health providers will.

I've put in an order for flowers for Friday but it's subject to change depending on what she can get on Thursday. A lot of flowers come from Holland and they're getting caught up in the lorry stacking exercises so there are shortages or they're past their best when they get to the flower market.
I know people who own a chain of florists and they've had no problems. All their stock comes from Holland too

10000 ltr tanks on some station but not all with an ambulance using about 100ltr per 24 hrs means that that tank isn’t going to last very long if several stations are drawing from it.
Fire won’t have to worry so much as they never go out but police and ambulances and to some extent Health providers will.
They have bait runs and the nightly drives into town for perving purposes

Sorry, I don't understand that bit.
Petrol station are to be used and not fuel on their work stations

Is that due to French industrial action ?

Last edited:

The delays are currently on Eurotunnel (the Customs people there are working to rule) The ferries from Calais and the rest of France are fine. Holland is unaffected

Back