From the Bairn -Foggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn’t know the man, only through his inspirational posts on here. An absolute warrior, but obviously humble and a wonderful family man. Take some small comfort knowing your dad had an impact on so many people as he fought this with grace and dignity and will be spoken of fondly by many who didn’t even personally know the man. It’s pretty special to have made such a mark. I’m sure you will continue to make him proud.
condolences to you, his family and friends
RIP Foggy

This is Becky, foggy's daughter.

I'm so sorry to tell you all that my Dad passed away last Monday on October 12th.

I don't think I need to tell you how amazing he was. Despite suffering two strokes at the end of September and being left only able to speak a few words at a time, he was still cracking jokes right to the end. We managed to bring him home from the hospital, to be cared for where he was comfortable and where we were able to visit him. He passed there, in his home, surrounded by his closest family.

The words strong or brave don't really do him justice in my mind. Though he very much deserved it, he never wanted any attention or praise, and so I'm going to observe his wish to maintain anonymity. I would like to genuinely thank you all for your support over the last three and a half years. I know it meant a lot to him. He taught me to appreciate what I have, to be independent and proud but always humble, and I still can't quite imagine going through life without him. I'm so glad I have this place to revisit, to hear him through his writing. I smile a little bit to think he didn't realise that I already knew how much he swore.

The funeral is on Friday afternoon. If you would like to do anything, please raise a glass, or, better yet, a cuppa, to Foggy at 3:30pm. I'm sure he would have loved that.

Thank you again.
Sincere condolences on your loss Becky.

Ah man just seen this RIP foggy

His strength and fight were inspirational and his posts were wonderfully written

Last edited:
So so sorry about this....best wishes to his family and friends

Sorry for your loss Becky. Your dad was a fighter right til the very end and what always came through on his posts were how important you were to him. I’m sure you know that he was incredibly proud of you.

We’ve lost a cracking supporter and forum member, part of the fabric on this place that makes it what it is.

I’ll raise a cup of milky tea for him on Friday.

Ah never. Bloke battled the bastard for longer than most and did so with one hell of an attitude towards it.

Keep the red flag flying high 🚩

An inspiration. RIP Foggy lad. I'll raise a glass.

And all the best to you and yours Becky. I'm incredibly sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back