From the Bairn -Foggy

Becky, thanks for letting us know. It was obvious your dad was incredibly proud of you. It’s also obvious you were incredibly proud of him too. I wish there were more caring families Like yours in the world.

Over the last year or so with his posts he provided huge inspiration to many people on this message board (including me) and, I have no doubt, in the rest of his life too.

When the sadness eases you’ll have the thoroughly deserved privilege of having known and loved a special person who loved you dearly.

Good luck in the future with everything you do. Follow his example and you won’t go far wrong lass.

Becky my condolences to you and your family .

I shed a few tears when i read your post ( and i bet i'm not the only one on here),thats how much your dads posts meant to me .

I don't know what to say but 426 posts in and i agree with everyone of them ,how proud he was of" the bairn "and the family .

He picked me up many a time with his inspirational ,brave and often humorous posts with his brave battle.

Becky as a few have mentioned earlier we are all here for you if you need to post something or need help or advice , as you can tell your dad was a much loved and respected member of this forum and we'll not forget him.

I as well as a few hundred others will be raising a cup/ glass/ can/ at 3.30pm tommorow

"To Foggy" for one of the bravest /nicest posters on here ..your dad x

Becky my condolences to you and your family .

I shed a few tears when i read your post ( and i bet i'm not the only one on here),thats how much your dads posts meant to me .

I don't know what to say but 426 posts in and i agree with everyone of them ,how proud he was of" the bairn "and the family .

He picked me up many a time with his inspirational ,brave and often humorous posts with his brave battle.

Becky as a few have mentioned earlier we are all here for you if you need to post something or need help or advice , as you can tell your dad was a much loved and respected member of this forum and we'll not forget him.

I as well as a few hundred others will be raising a cup/ glass/ can/ at 3.30pm tommorow

"To Foggy" for one of the bravest /nicest posters on here ..your dad x
I've made a fresh batch of homemade Irish Cream Liqueur (Baileys) and will certainly be joining the many posters on here, in raising my glass, in memory of the wonderful, much loved & respected, @foggy, tomorrow at 3:30pm. 🥃

Sorry to hear about this. I think it was obvious from what @foggy was saying that it was only a matter of time and none of us wanted to say it but it’s situations like his that make me come back to here. I can’t imagine what the bloke went through to think of his daughter having to leave her behind and not be there to grow up seeing her become the fine woman she’s obviously going to.

I don’t know your dad if you’re reading this but if he was my dad I know I’d be proud of him. I hope you and your mam are ok at such a shite time and that you’re everything your dad thought you were. Good luck pet and I hope you have a long and successful life. I’m sure you don’t need any of us to tell you that your Dad will always be proud of you x

I'm really touched by the sense of community on here sometimes. Most of us only know each other through usernames, avatars and pixels on screens (some of us might each other without even realising it!), but it just shows what North-East folk are all about - decency. Proud to be from Sunderland.

Last edited:

Back