From the Bairn -Foggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky I don't think I can say anything that has not already been said, other than that you were the apple of his eye. ( I'm sure you know this already) Such a spirited and well meaning man with the heart of a lion. Brave would be an understatement but it got him to see you where you wanted to be in life and he was proud as punch, I'm so pleased he got to see this... It really meant so much to him.

A song comes to mind of you dad and hope you don't mind me dropping it in here.

RIP Foggy... Sorry about that phone call at Basingstoke mate but we all had a laugh about it
This is exactly what I feel. Foggy was so courageous and he will be sadly missed. You'll always be his darling girl, Becky, and he will always be with you. Xxx

Becky I am so sorry. I think you know you were the apple of his eye. I will always remember him as funny, wise, a truth-teller, a family man, someone highly amusing when off his box on morphine, a brilliant writer, and someone who adored you. I too have lost my dad - may your love for each other be with you every day, just as mine and my dad’s is with me xxx

Thanks for posting this Becky, it must have been heartbreaking writing it. Your Da was never more alive than when he was talking about you and how proud you made him. It's great to know that he still found it within himself to crack a few jokes to the end, I'm sure he'd have wanted to do one of his rambling posts on here for good measure if he could.
Although I probably never knew him he was a few years below me at Leonard's so I probably blasted him in the face with one of my wayward shots playing footy in the playground at lunchtime, if so I forgot to say sorry Foggs
I don't pray much at all these days but might have a word with the fella upstairs tonight to look after your Da. He'll be missed but never forgotten.
I'll sign off as I always did on a Foggy post, - to him, you, the dog and all the family and friends - Keep on keepin' on

Sorry for your loss Becky, I only knew your dad through his ramblings on here but you could tell just in his writing just how proud he was of you.

Rip Foggy

I misread the title and thought it said ‘from the barn’ and that he was on hol resting or something. I’m so gutted to read this news. A true battler. RIP

Becky I don't think I can say anything that has not already been said, other than that you were the apple of his eye. ( I'm sure you know this already) Such a spirited and well meaning man with the heart of a lion. Brave would be an understatement but it got him to see you where you wanted to be in life and he was proud as punch, I'm so pleased he got to see this... It really meant so much to him.

A song comes to mind of you dad and hope you don't mind me dropping it in here.

RIP Foggy... Sorry about that phone call at Basingstoke mate but we all had a laugh about it

Dont apologise for that phone call...ive told a few people about it, brilliant n i bet the man loved it!

RIP Foggy, his post were so sad and funny at the same time. He obviously loved you to bits Becky, may he find his peace.

Not ashamed to say I’m shedding a few tears now
What an inspirational man to us all, his posts were amazing
Can’t really say any more to be honest
So sorry for your loss Becky - and to anybody else who knew him personally - I didn’t, but nevertheless I’ll always remember him
RIP lad x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back