From the Bairn -Foggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

R I P Foggy, second bit of bad news, lost a very good friend to the big C at the weekend and now hear this sad news. Always a great read from your dad Becky.

Just seen on Facebook a post about him passing? @foggy ?? Awful if true, inspiration doesn't even cover it whatever the situation and obviously apologies if this isn't kosher 🤞

Rip Foggy

Becky, you will be proud to know that every single person in this forum admired the bravery and strength of your dad throughout his battle.

His posts brought both tears and laughter to all.

He was incredibly proud of you and made it his desire to see you graduate. I'm not sure if it was possible due to the ongoing pandemic but I'm sure you will have had some sort of celebration together.

You'll all be in my thoughts at 15:30 Friday.

All the best

Just seen on Facebook a post about him passing? @foggy ?? Awful if true, inspiration doesn't even cover it whatever the situation and obviously apologies if this isn't kosher 🤞

How did I miss that ffs? Sorry to drag it up but I'm not as active as I was on here tbh, so sad. Will check out the thread now.

Becky I don't think I can say anything that has not already been said, other than that you were the apple of his eye. ( I'm sure you know this already) Such a spirited and well meaning man with the heart of a lion. Brave would be an understatement but it got him to see you where you wanted to be in life and he was proud as punch, I'm so pleased he got to see this... It really meant so much to him.

A song comes to mind of you dad and hope you don't mind me dropping it in here.

RIP Foggy... Sorry about that phone call at Basingstoke mate but we all had a laugh about it

This is Becky, foggy's daughter.

I'm so sorry to tell you all that my Dad passed away last Monday on October 12th.

I don't think I need to tell you how amazing he was. Despite suffering two strokes at the end of September and being left only able to speak a few words at a time, he was still cracking jokes right to the end. We managed to bring him home from the hospital, to be cared for where he was comfortable and where we were able to visit him. He passed there, in his home, surrounded by his closest family.

The words strong or brave don't really do him justice in my mind. Though he very much deserved it, he never wanted any attention or praise, and so I'm going to observe his wish to maintain anonymity. I would like to genuinely thank you all for your support over the last three and a half years. I know it meant a lot to him. He taught me to appreciate what I have, to be independent and proud but always humble, and I still can't quite imagine going through life without him. I'm so glad I have this place to revisit, to hear him through his writing. I smile a little bit to think he didn't realise that I already knew how much he swore.

The funeral is on Friday afternoon. If you would like to do anything, please raise a glass, or, better yet, a cuppa, to Foggy at 3:30pm. I'm sure he would have loved that.

Thank you again.
RIP Foggy. Awful news.

Becky, thanks for taking the time to come on a football message board to update us. Your Dad thought the world of you and was so proud to come on here and update us about your studies.

I think it's fair to say that if you ever need anything you've got 100s, if not 1000s of people here for you.

Take care and I hope he gets a great send off on Friday.

Gaz x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back