From a nurse...

Well I'm very sorry for your tedium. I haven't read that many of the above, and that one I though was quite poignant. So perhaps don't read them?
Or, just a suggestion here, simply express the sentiment and support for our nhs, without the second hand drama?

Totally agree sir.

My eldest son lives with his girlfriend and 3 of her colleagues. She and her colleagues are recently qualified nurses. All four of them are either at work or sat at home trying to rest however struggling to sleep as they are shitting themselves about going to work for their next shift. They do however go to graft every shift. Of the four of them I only know the lad's girlfriend personally and i have to say i am immensely proud of her.
Imagine being afraid of going to work every day but doing so anyway.
I can’t imagine mate. I could try but wouldn’t get close. Please pass on my thanks.

I actually don't think enough is being done to raise awareness of just how awful this virus is. I know it's covered everywhere, you can't get away from stories about it, but it's only when I read things from the nurses about how patients are terrified and gasping for breath that it really drives home how bad it is. Maybe if more knew just how horrific it is for those who get it bad, even when they survive, it might shock them into staying at home more. The television has a lot about numbers of deaths and cases, but not much about the stark reality of going through it. I'm overweight and have mild asthma, it's only when I read their stories that I get really scared about it.

Really feel for all the health care staff who are having to deal with this, and I hope they are given access to whatever support they need once this finally starts to abate

Nurses all over the country have to witness tragedy everyday of the week, imagine being in A&E for example and car crash victims coming in with limbs hanging off.
Burns victims, kids badly injured, it's their jobs, that is what they trained to do, we are grateful there are people out there willing to do that for our care.

One of my neighbours is a paramedic and has had to scrape body parts up off the road and stick them in a body bag, I couldn't imagine going to work and having to do that but I know it happens and we're quite aware of the current situation.
This is not something new, people haven't just started dying in hospitals it's just highlighting what they have to deal with day after day after day.

Totally agree sir.

My eldest son lives with his girlfriend and 3 of her colleagues. She and her colleagues are recently qualified nurses. All four of them are either at work or sat at home trying to rest however struggling to sleep as they are shitting themselves about going to work for their next shift. They do however go to graft every shift. Of the four of them I only know the lad's girlfriend personally and i have to say i am immensely proud of her.
Imagine being afraid of going to work every day but doing so anyway.
Well done on your son living with 4 nurses as well mate. Shouldn't be over looked imo. :cool:

I actually don't think enough is being done to raise awareness of just how awful this virus is. I know it's covered everywhere, you can't get away from stories about it, but it's only when I read things from the nurses about how patients are terrified and gasping for breath that it really drives home how bad it is. Maybe if more knew just how horrific it is for those who get it bad, even when they survive, it might shock them into staying at home more. The television has a lot about numbers of deaths and cases, but not much about the stark reality of going through it. I'm overweight and have mild asthma, it's only when I read their stories that I get really scared about it.

Really feel for all the health care staff who are having to deal with this, and I hope they are given access to whatever support they need once this finally starts to abate

I had asthma but it has matured into COPD. When it was still just asthma we took in a kitten which after two or three days triggered a massive asthma attack in me which left me on my elbows and knees on the floor struggling tp pull air into my lungs. Our lass drove me to S.Tyneside General and the drive there was absolutely terrifying: my lungs were burning hot like they do when you hold your breath for too long and I could barely breathe as panic assisted the asthma in tightening my chest. I was ok when I was put on a nebuliser at the hospital, but these tales of poor people gasping for breath and panicking are horrific.

I had asthma but it has matured into COPD. When it was still just asthma we took in a kitten which after two or three days triggered a massive asthma attack in me which left me on my elbows and knees on the floor struggling tp pull air into my lungs. Our lass drove me to S.Tyneside General and the drive there was absolutely terrifying: my lungs were burning hot like they do when you hold your breath for too long and I could barely breathe as panic assisted the asthma in tightening my chest. I was ok when I was put on a nebuliser at the hospital, but these tales of poor people gasping for breath and panicking are horrific.

Ah f***ing hell that sounds awful mate, glad you're okay after it but aye, sounds like you'll definitely need to take care during all this, look after yersel!

I’m finding these posts pretty tedious now.
If you’ve got nowt nice to say mate, say nothing at all.

nowt worse than some prick thinking he’s funny at a time like this
Yes I appreciate all of that. I’m sick of them because my social media feeds have been absolutely littered with very similar posts, videos etc. in recent weeks.
It’s the biggest thing that will ever happen in your lifetime.

just put up with it until it’s over

Last edited:

Back